2010 Speedometer Swap HOW-TO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Speedometer Swap HOW-TO

Good idea selling those wires and pins on ebay. Easy for us to order them from our office or livingroom without getting our shoes dirty at the junkyard, and maybe you even made a few bucks. Just ordered one.

Comment

I completed this swap out over the weekend in about 40 mins. And it took that long only because I read and re-read every step to make sure I got it right. I can confirm that the 2009.5 cruise controls and speedo work just fine in the 2006 GTP 6 speed. My only snag has been the bezel screws; those lil bastards refuse to go back into their holes but the bezel is held with two clips as well as screws so for now things seem secure...But it's driving me crazy. Bottom line: fast easy project thanks to a great write-up, DIC relocated beautifully. Next up, aftermarket double DIN head unit w Bluetooth, 4 new speakers and a 4 channel amp.
      Racingline STB
      CRABS w/fpu
      Resonator deleted
      WAMS 93 octane tune - up next

Comment

do you get a two line display like on the dic?

Comment

It's a one line display in white LEDs
          Racingline STB
          CRABS w/fpu
          Resonator deleted
          WAMS 93 octane tune - up next

Comment

Originally posted by zenish View Post
            do you get a two line display like on the dic?
            The DIC is one line display on the stereo as well, the second line only displays radio related settings and options, like volume/track etc

Comment

Photobucket has randomly decided to charge $400 a year for third party hosting of images. As a result my pictures are blocked. I am working on a solution to keep this how-to working.

Comment

bummer

Comment

Sorry to hear this. That's crazy for sure!

Comment

It happens
                    Last edited by CruisinG6; 06-29-2018, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Great writeup! I guess I'm late coming to this party but I want to do this mod also. I'm having trouble finding a 2010 cluster I know will fit my 2009 G6 GT 3.9L V6. I think the correct part number is 20826123, but about all I can find is 20826122. My local GM dealer told me the 122 cluster is for a 4 cylinder car. Does anyone know the difference between these two clusters, or if the 122 cluster would work?

Comment

Originally posted by Talon1 View Post
                        Great writeup! I guess I'm late coming to this party but I want to do this mod also. I'm having trouble finding a 2010 cluster I know will fit my 2009 G6 GT 3.9L V6. I think the correct part number is 20826123, but about all I can find is 20826122. My local GM dealer told me the 122 cluster is for a 4 cylinder car. Does anyone know the difference between these two clusters, or if the 122 cluster would work?
                        The 122 cluster has the 8k tach.

Comment

So I have the speedometer installed and almost all functions are working except for one. I have the 2008 with tap shift. This 2010 cluster installed on mine doesn’t show my manual gears that I am in when shifted to manual. Dealership can’t help me here. I messaged WAMS to see what he can do. I would hate to postpone manual useage for a long time.

Comment

Sorry if I'm being an ass and missed something.
                            I've got a 2007 value leader (no cruise control, or any steering wheel buttons for that matter). Anyone got a link to a speedometer/ gauge cluster for sale that'll fit? Cant seem to find one that reaches 8000 rpm.
                            Last edited by th3l0stch1ld; 10-26-2018, 05:01 PM.
                            Just because it doesn't fit doesn't mean you should HIT IT WITH A HAMMER.

Comment

Hi bud! I have my 2010 cluster that I don’t need anymore. You can get mine if you want?

Comment

What is your max rpm number? The cluster goes to 7k

Comment

Working...
                                X