2010 Speedometer Swap HOW-TO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Speedometer Swap HOW-TO

Gtprix says it should. Just message him to confirm any new information on this mod

Comment

Has anyone done this swap on an 06 g6 gtp without flashing the bcm w/ success?
      Mods: Matte Black Plasti-Dip on Wheels, Upper Grille, GM/Trunk Emblems, Dupli-Color Red Calipers, Intake Res Delete, Crab Intake #3, Flush Mount Spoiler, AVS Rain Guards, Black Lower Recessed Grilles, Map/Dome Red LED's.
      Fixes: Sunroof Leak, Misc Interior Trim, Vanity Mirrors, Door Weather Stripping, Front Wheel Barrings, Control Arms, Lower Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends.

Comment

We know it works in an 07. I thought someone did it to an 06 but I can't find proof.
        If you have the 3 spoke steering wheel and cruise control buttons to replace then at least it can all fit.
        I'm betting it will work but there's only one way to know for sure.

Comment

Any info. on the extra green wire I would need, what's kind of wire and adapter it's called, thanks!
          Mods: Matte Black Plasti-Dip on Wheels, Upper Grille, GM/Trunk Emblems, Dupli-Color Red Calipers, Intake Res Delete, Crab Intake #3, Flush Mount Spoiler, AVS Rain Guards, Black Lower Recessed Grilles, Map/Dome Red LED's.
          Fixes: Sunroof Leak, Misc Interior Trim, Vanity Mirrors, Door Weather Stripping, Front Wheel Barrings, Control Arms, Lower Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends.

Comment

Adapter? I just got the wire out of a junked g6 and popped the pin out of the factory plug. Lengthened the wire and put it in as I outlined.

Comment

A bump to this thread. I just found out about this day before and found all the parts I needed to install a new cluster. I've ordered everything (new cluster 20818950 and new cruise control steering wheel buttons D1952F) but was having trouble locating a new plug to use for spare terminal for new wiring. Looking at the picture I noticed it's a Delphi connector. Did research for an hour or two and figured out the part number for a new terminal outright.

12089649-L Delphi Connection Systems Automotive Connectors FMALE 100 SERIES TIN CBL RANG 1.00-.80MM2

Was really the only thing stopping me from doing this mod. I'm assuming that more people would have done this mod prior if they had known about this terminal. You can buy them in bulk or individual.

Once all my parts have been delivered and get them installed, fingers crossed, I will come back and let everyone know if it was successful or not. No one has said straight up if it works in a '08 GXP. And if it does work I can look forward to installing an aftermarket radio without having to worry about losing the DIC.

Happy modding folks.

Comment

That pin/wire seems to be a setback for many now, Unfortunately the ebay listings with these connectors don't seem to be active anymore.
                A trip to the junkyard could get the connector, then just remove the pin from it and wire accordingly.
                I may be stopping at one this weekend, I'll check to see if any are available.

Comment

Negative. There are more than a few websites devoted to selling parts like this one. I just ordered it off of www.mouser.com. granted the terminal was only like 17 cents but shipping was something like 5 bucks. Not everything has to be on eBay.

Comment

I got mine from eBay. Bought a connector and sold off the pins to others doing swaps.

Comment

If you still need the wire for the cluster harness, I have 2 green ones.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Originally posted by black07g6gtp View Post
                        If you still need the wire for the cluster harness, I have 2 green ones.
                        Do you need the wire or just the pin, or both? I haven't done the full read yet cause I'm laging aha but if I need what you have I might take one if you have an extra
                        I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
                        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

this is awesome. this would be my next project for my 06 g6.

Comment

Well, the wire connects to the pin. I don't think you can separate them when you take one off of a car. That's why you just splice a wire in.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Got my new gauge cluster installed! It was a success. Works in my '08 GXP. Only thing that doesn't work is the door chime, which im assuming would come back if I replace the stock radio and add an interface. Also, the TPMS isn't showing up. Its there but just shows blank dash line where the psi # should be. Im not too worried about that. I know how to use an old fashioned tire pressure gauge. Thanks for making this write up. Ill post again if something else arises.

Comment

Okay I lied. I guess from disconnecting the battery my TPMS came back up. So just the chimes dont work. Now I'm thoroughly ammused.

Comment

Working...
                                X