2010 Speedometer Swap HOW-TO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010 Speedometer Swap HOW-TO

There was also a 69 dollar one. I need to pick me up this cluster and buttons too.

Comment

just grabbed one for 45 off ebay! woo woo, thank god for this write up. thanks CruisinG6!

Comment

Hooray for inexpensive mods that work!
        And you're welcome!
        Post your results!!

Comment

Cruisin did you ever put those other pins up in the for sale section? and i will hopefully get to this soon. Just gotta finish my push bumper bottom mounts.
          Current Mods: Window Tint 20% except front windshield, Black CCFL Eagle Eyes (Currently being Retrofitted w/ Quad Projectors, RGB Halos, RGB Demon Eyes, LED Turn Signals, Body Color Eyelid), Pioneer front speakers, Polk Audio 6x9, 2 Boss Audio Phantom 12" Subwoofers, Boss Audio Phantom 2600Watt Amplifier, Dual 12" non ported enclosure, GTP Wheels, LED interior and Exterior Conversion, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Racingline MMI's, Plasti dipped black recessed upper and lower grills, Plasti Dipped black door handles, door trim, fuel door, Decepticon badges in place of GM door badges, 2009.5 Sedan Spoiler, Custom Side Exit Exhaust, GXP Rear Bumper, Canuck Lowering Springs (on their way)

Comment

Nicely done!
            Current Mods
            245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
            Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by wizardsrok24 View Post
              Cruisin did you ever put those other pins up in the for sale section? and i will hopefully get to this soon. Just gotta finish my push bumper bottom mounts.
              Not yet. Too many things going on and I keep forgetting.
              I'll try to post it up one of these nights.
              You can also pm me about it too if need be.

Comment

It just occurred to me those safety chime modules I posted may not plug into g6s older than 2009.5
                But I think I found an alternative.
                I'll update after more research.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
                  Not yet. Too many things going on and I keep forgetting.
                  I'll try to post it up one of these nights.
                  You can also pm me about it too if need be.
                  Sorry everyone, that's my fault. I was picking his brain about electrical and keeping him from doing this. Lol

Comment

Haha. Nah that wasn't it.
                    I never got one of those modules and tried it myself so I just assumed they were similar.
                    But why would they be of they changed the stereo completely lol

I just have to study the wiring a bit more

Comment

I just wanted to tell you guys some differences I've noticed with the new cluster.

First of all, the old cluster only showed the mileage when you put the key in and turn it, The new cluster shows it as soon as you open the door.

The new cluster is Fully Illuminated at FULL brightness with the key on, lights off. Turning the lights on dims the lights, even the highest dimmer setting is quite a bit more dim than the Ignition on brightness.
                      It's also illuminated in white (the one I got)

The DIC is LED, not LCD like the Stereo, It seems to change slightly faster because of this.
                      The LED display is actually GREEN, There's a filter on the gauge face that turns it white.

The style cluster I chose has Larger font and newer looking needles.
                      Some Idiot/warning lights were relocated.

The circuitry on the 2010 Cluster is WAY MORE intense than what's on the older clusters.
                      I think all the extra stuff prevented them from adding the Chimes speaker.

I think that's everything I noticed about the newer cluster when compared to the old one. Aside from the addition of a DIC of course

Comment

beautiful write up man, everything works perfectly and your instructions were spot on!
                        i love the look of the white instead of the old red, id recommend this to anyone looking to put a new head unit in or to just change the look up a bit. long story short two thumbs up brotha

Comment

Awesome! Glad to know my how-to was easy enough to follow and spot on!
                          AND, now we know it works on 2007 G6's

Comment

You got me itching to do this mod. I don't have a double din stereo to put in currently to do this for it, but I would do this swap just to have this as the first step in stereo swap in. This is way better than putting in a Metra relocatable DIC else where. Plus it's all clean custom look but disguised as an oem job.

Comment

I'm running with my stock stereo. So I currently have two DIC screens and two Buttons to control them. ha
                              I'll look at buying a new stereo soon enough. Probably a single din for now so I can dial in my speakers and amps, then a double din down the road.

Comment

one thing i noticed today, when i put it in manual mode it dosnt show what gear im in on the dash anymore!
                                oh well its the price to pay

Comment

Working...
                                X