Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oil Catch Can is my upcoming mod...

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
    Isn't there a tube that comes from the top of the valve cover to the intake? Or is that the fresh air inlet?
    Fresh air inlet.
    The pcv system is actually a small port in the head between cylinders 2 and 3.
    That port goes directly into the manifold.
    So no pcv valve or lines to tap into

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
      Fresh air inlet.
      The pcv system is actually a small port in the head between cylinders 2 and 3.
      That port goes directly into the manifold.
      So no pcv valve or lines to tap into
      Dang that sucks... But JJT was right, in a healthy non turbo engine the PCV gas shouldn't be an issue... But we all know how oily are throttle bodies get so maybe we could use a better one
      Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Yea. So I'll have to make due without a pretty little catch can.
        But I clean my throttle body about every 6 months.
        And I just did a seafoam treatment through the intake that really made a noticeable difference.
        Either way the manifold isn't difficult to remove and a deep cleaning by hand doesn't look hard.

Comment

I will be looking into that then. Thanks for that air/oil separator suggestion. I will totally be adding this to the list of things to do to the g6. I also will be updating this thread with the picture of that Mann Hummel Provent 200 once I look at it. Thanks again for the information and your valuable time bro! Have a good night and keep modding!!

Comment

Originally posted by slowsedan View Post
            Oh it's definitely dirty. I've cleaned mine a couple times now and it's always coated in black crap. Just open the butterfly and spray it down that way. Taking the throttle body off is a PITA because it has a coolant hard line integrated into it.
            Just cleaned out my throttle body. And it was pretty nasty. It is better now though and I had to spray at some hard angles too. It looks better now!

Comment

Originally posted by slowsedan View Post
              Oh it's definitely dirty. I've cleaned mine a couple times now and it's always coated in black crap. Just open the butterfly and spray it down that way. Taking the throttle body off is a PITA because it has a coolant hard line integrated into it.
              I cleaned up my throttle body by spraying it down with the berrymans chemical cleaner like b12.

Comment

Since the T.B. cleaning, she squeals her tires yet again! Tires spinning, oh how I miss the!
                Last edited by GMManof3; 09-16-2014, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Okay, I know it has been a year since I thought of getting me something to catch the oil and to keep it out of my intake. I finally got me and my wife two of these air oil separators. I have mine ready to be put on. Here, take a kooky:

I just need to put on the hose and mount it. So.... To Lowe's I go! Have fun you all!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it installed!
                    My progression page Clicky

Comment

Just waiting on a time to have to do this. Tomorrow should be the day. I already know how to get it on. So this should be good to go and this weekend I'll post how much oil I collected...maybe each day.

Comment

I got the mod all installed by this time tonight. I went ahead and stripped the tube away from the fittings that go inside the valve covers, TB, and air intake tube. No oil caught just yet, but I'll post the day it starts to accumulate. I don't do a lot of driving so I think this will take some tracking on mileage. Here are some lovely photos for you gentleman and gentlewomen.

Comment

Is it cross-venting?
                          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

It should not be. I made sure that the valve covers vent into the air oil separator and out from the separator goes back into the TB and air intake tube. So far I have oil moisture. I'm doing some driving tomorrow and this should maybe add some. I did throw an ECL, the ECL was banks 1 and 2 are running lean. I'm going to install hose clamps to make sure I have a tight seal on those fitting that have the hoses on them.

Comment

I think I would have just done the return on the intake....
                              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I'll try that then. I have caught more now. I'll try that tomorrow. I'll try the throttle body tube only and then the intake one.

Comment

Working...
                                X