GMManof3's 2008 G6 GT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMManof3's 2008 G6 GT...

got this bad boy in may of 2009 and until now I never really got into deciding what mods to do to it. I just love the white, know what I'm saying! I first started using Royal Purple Oil for my cars oil from the first oil change and I used the same brand for my first transmission flush as well. I love that oil!!

Photo of my first custom touch. I put the vinyl on myself! That's my nickname! The floor mats were my second addition. They are the red outline with the Pontiac emblem and the model name on them.

My second touch was the LED bulbs in the front R and L Door Pockets, in all four door handles and under the dash on the R and L, and under the front seats, and finally in the front grill to give it the effect of a beast under the hood! That square red button turned 90 degrees, that turns on my LED Bulbs.

The Third touch was VHT painted headlights and tail lights. UV protected clear coated for the headlights and tails as well.

All four calipers have purple high temp paint on it. Love that purple!!! But, not that light purple crap, like a lavender. Only the dark Purp for me!!

The Fifth touch was this streamer for the trunk. I am a mechanic for the Air Force, and we put these on the jets when they are being worked on to make sure safety devices are removed before the jet goes for a flight. I also thought it was cool because there is a personal aircraft called a "G6". So....why not, right?!

The Sixth touch was having a professional paint my trim. I never had a lot of room to do this nor the place to do it at. I did paint the steering wheel trim up myself! I used House of Kolor Pavo Purple with red flakes for the steering wheel trim paint. The others trim pieces just got a pavo purple that is their shimmer line of kolor. Though the light reflects my steering wheel column over my Manual Transmission gear displayed and I sure cant see what gear I am manually shifting towards. That's okay, Ill figure that issue out.

This was my Seventh touch, repainted the face cover for the stock GT stereo the same as my interior. I love it!!

Eighth touch was my own fabricated USB for the vehicle. I replaced the 12Volt cigarette style plug in with USB. I just tapped into the already existing 12volt wire and wired up all 6 USB ports.

Replaced my radiator with a Silla!!! Love that New Aftermarket Product Smell!!!

That is my energy suspension outer tie rod boot. I just ripped off the old boot that was rubber and put this bad boy polyurethane on! Next is the other side when it goes dead!! It took me some peeling off of the old rubber for this to seat all the way onto the metal ring that goes around the tie rod.

**Next up is my Max Advanced Black Zinc Coated Cross drilled and slotted rotors installation. I have them already, but the rear rotors are being resent to me to replace the rear rotors that have the missing zinc coating. There was rust already in between the discs of the rotors. I cant wait to get them!!
    **Update**
    I received the replacement rotors and they look better on their coating of black zinc. I have done some unexpected maintenance and she has a New high pressure power steering hose and I am just waiting on my power steering outlet hose to come in.
    I put in some h11 cippa blue low beam light bulbs to help shine up the road better. I also installed blue LED bulbs in a circular pattern around my fog projector lights. These will be used for a blinker.
    I run royal purple power steering fluid and I have been running their xpr motor oil and have been running their Max ATF tranny fluid as well. I also run their oil filter too as well.
    Now can you all guess my favorite color. I'll give ya a hint.... Its Royal...

New update! I just got me delivered my New Anzo projector headlights tonight. So Now bye bye stock look! So that left me with those cippa evo formance low beams bulb to now go into my fog projector housing. The housing of these headlights say Eagle Eyes. I am installing these tomorrow. I have to repair one of the mounting tabs. So I will need time off for the day to fix it. These are sexy in person. I'll give that to Anzo/EE.

12000k 35watts low beam HID. Its beautiful at night with them! I had to swap the 55 watts for the 35 watts. Its the same kind, look, and style ballasts though.

10000k Autovizions non-slim ballasts and on a side note, they fired up right away at that.

***New update***
    Bought me a voltage stabilizer for the electrical system. I had some money saved up to try it, so why not. Here it is.

it blinks to show that it is on.

New appearance update! I put some green all on the front of the 6 now. I also added some LEDs behind the projector lens. My eagle eyes now have evil eyes. I love it! I'm going to have brighter LEDs there soon so it shows up better.
    But for now, here they are.

I felt that the front should be all green....and sooooooo did the cop with his warning about that I can't have blue around the fogs. He said that he knew I was local and seen my g6 before. it looks better though. Here it is:

New update: took off the green and purple LEDs behind the projector glass that I was experimenting with. I also added load resistors to my taillight blinkers. So no more fast blinking. I think it was going to drive me crazy
    I painted up my dome light flat black and purple. I will work on the others here tomorrow.

I also painted up the map light/on star microphone trim a flat black and purple. Just like the dome light. Now, I just have to do something about that headliner. That tan color sucks.

Got me some stealth blinker bulbs. They are painted with translucent chrome paint.

With Amber bulbs

Without Amber bulbs, but with the stealth bulbs!

**Update** I have a racingline strut tower brace from a former jeep owner that used to be on our site. He sold it on eBay for 50 bucks with 16 buck shipping. Thanks to him, I can make my suspension plant to the ground better. Yay!

**Update**
    Just installed the stb from Racingline:

I will report back on how it feels. Can't wait!

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by GMManof3; 02-17-2015, 02:36 PM.

Re: GMManof3's 2008 G6 GT...

Nice color touch, I like it, it's different. How did you manage to get that green glow on your front grille? It looks sweet, did you plan out how it lights up? Like how it goes from being very wide to narrow and then wide again, and nothing at the bottom.

Comment

Come on man! I thought you knew better than to tint your lights, especially your heads!
      Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Originally posted by D0M1NIX View Post
        Come on man! I thought you knew better than to tint your lights, especially your heads!
        After I did it, it dimmed down the brightness on the road, but not bad cause I tinted them where they are not so dark. I never thought it was a total bad idea. I have a different look for them now. I have a purple tint for them now. I'm using a film to apply to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Maty View Post
          Nice color touch, I like it, it's different. How did you manage to get that green glow on your front grille? It looks sweet, did you plan out how it lights up? Like how it goes from being very wide to narrow and then wide again, and nothing at the bottom.
          I really did not plan it all out besides where to mount the light. I only used one but I have another green one on the way to brighten up the grill area.

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
            I really did not plan it all out besides where to mount the light. I only used one but I have another green one on the way to brighten up the grill area.
            Hah, well the way it turned out it looks pretty sweet. Do you have a link if you don't mind sharing? I really want to see it after you put the 2nd one up though, put some pics!

Comment

Oh for sure! I'll have some more photos up due to me just getting my eagle eyes projector headlights in right now as we speak. The ups guy just dropped them off.

Comment

New update! Got me a few more items got the 6. I put up photos of the projector headlights.

Comment

Hah, well the way it turned out it looks pretty sweet. Do you have a link if you don't mind sharing? I really want to see it after you put the 2nd one up though, put some pics!
                  This is where I got mine from. Its simple to wire up. I wanted to give the car the look of a monster under the hood. I do also love how the area shined up too. The radiator made it that way

Comment

This is where I got mine from. Its simple to wire up. I wanted to give the car the look of a monster under the hood. I do also love how the area shined up too. The radiator made it that way
                    http://www.ebay.com/feed?redirect=mobile
                    Ahh, that makes sense now. Turned out for the best then, and that link just sent me to the mobile version of ebay

Comment

Ahh, that makes sense now. Turned out for the best then, and that link just sent me to the mobile version of ebay
                      Yeah, I use mobile eBay a lot.

Comment

Yeah, I use mobile eBay a lot.
                        No, what he's saying is you posted the link to the mobile eBay site instead of the eBay link to the item you wanted to share.
                        Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Originally posted by D0M1NIX View Post
                          No, what he's saying is you posted the link to the mobile eBay site instead of the eBay link to the item you wanted to share.
                          Sorry, I Did not mean to put the link to view it on eBay mobile. Were you able to view it Maty or not? I will post it again.

Comment

Here ya go bud

Comment

No, it just took me to the ebay mobile main webpage, I didn't see anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X