GMManof3's 2008 G6 GT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GMManof3's 2008 G6 GT...

Have the spare housings cut up and painted. Now I just need to put the strut inserts in them. Then I wait for the lowering springs from Vogtland. And then.......I go get my camber alignment plates welded on and then an alignment. So close! Almost done.

Comment

It's been a while since I put up a post about my ride. So far, I got a new rear GXP bumper, asked The dealership collision shop to get it when I was rear ended, I put on my air/oil separator, put a bracket on The battery box to hold my voltage stabilizer(don't know if it helps like a grounding kit doe? Or even if they do the same concept?), I have the vinyl design cut up(same as the driver side) for the passenger side to be put on. I'm on 103K+ mileage and growing and still have oil leak. I have a chance to see where today though. No worries though!

Comment

I figured the voltage regulator in the alternator took care of that. The best electrical system upgrades for these cars would be ground wire upgrades/additions, alternator to battery wire upgrade and upgrading the wire that goes from the battery to the fuse block.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Originally posted by black07g6gtp View Post
          I figured the voltage regulator in the alternator took care of that. The best electrical system upgrades for these cars would be ground wire upgrades/additions, alternator to battery wire upgrade and upgrading the wire that goes from the battery to the fuse block.
          I planned on that racingline wire grounding kit was my best bet. Thanks for the tips black07g6gtp.

Comment

*Quick update*
            I'm lowering my 6 soon and I'm going with H&R springs. Just waiting on father's day to order them. So I will be able to install the koni yellows I made up with lowering springs. And a few months ago I got me a pair of 2008 cobalt ss brembos from car-part.com for 165.00 and shipped on that price too.

Then I took those brembos to get them powder coated a pearl white too. Then I took my PTFE steel braided brake lines that the air force would have thrown away and made me up some brake lines. Beside that, all is well and I hope you all are the same.

Now on to the photos....

Last edited by GMManof3; 06-13-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I also ordered new dust boots from Crateenginedepot.com to help with replacing any dust boots that I rip upon disassembly of the brembos.

Comment

Those Brembo Calipers came out great!
                Mods: Crabs CAB w/ FPU, GT-R Exhaust, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, KYB schock/struts, EBC Rotors w/ ceramic pads, Aftermarket Sound System

Comment

Originally posted by SFLAGTP View Post
                  Those Brembo Calipers came out great!
                  I think they are about perfect. I do have some pin hole size dimples and some debris in them through. Its hard to see the yellow shine over them. But all in all, 75.00 dollars for both powder coated was a good price. If it was my other color choice, I would have been a little annoyed by these imperfections. I now have to put on the boots and pistons. Thanks for looking!

Comment

I can't stop checking out those hot Brembos.

Comment

cool man! Thanks and once they go on, I won't stop looking either. I do look at my brake lines every now and then.

Comment

It's the little things and details that matter. lol

Comment

Definately!

Comment

Update since April of this year:
                            Brembos on since 800 miles, along with steel braided brake lines and EBC ultimax2 brake pads.

Comment

Now on to pondering the next project!!

Comment

Working...
                              X