GMManof3's 2008 G6 GT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GMManof3's 2008 G6 GT...

Car washed and here are some better ones.

Comment

Love all the pics, and what you done to your ride so far. Looks great!

Had a question for you if you didn't mind. Regarding the lighting you have around your front upper grills, would you be able to post pics of that, and show how you wired them up? Recently I've been tossing around the idea about possibly adding simple white LED lights around the edge of the upper grills, but obviously on the backside of them. That way, when driving around at night, the grills would be lit up as well as the headlights for a nice effect. And if I could have them wired up to come on automatically with my normal headlights, or with the fog lights, either one would work.

I'm a former resident of Missouri myself (Butler, Maryville, KC). Thanks for your service as well!
      -- Whatever doesn't kill me, only makes me stronger. --

Comment

Originally posted by philko80 View Post

Had a question for you if you didn't mind. Regarding the lighting you have around your front upper grills, would you be able to post pics of that, and show how you wired them up? Recently I've been tossing around the idea about possibly adding simple white LED lights around the edge of the upper grills, but obviously on the backside of them. That way, when driving around at night, the grills would be lit up as well as the headlights for a nice effect. And if I could have them wired up to come on automatically with my normal headlights, or with the fog lights, either one would work.

I'm a former resident of Missouri myself (Butler, Maryville, KC). Thanks for your service as well!
        Thank you for the appreciation towards My time In as an Armor Crewman. 19 kilo was my MOS, 19k2 to be exact. I can tell ya how I did it and then take photos. Its actually quite simple. I ran all of the wires for the front lights through the firewall and into a wiring terminal block. I think your touch will be awesome! Thanks for the compliment on my work. I had fun wrapping the door pillars and A-Pillars. As far as wiring goes, wiring up to your blinker should do the trick. Don't forget the inline fuses.

Comment

Awesome, sounds good! When I actually get the materials and get ready do it all, I'll give you a shout on here if that's okay. (My wife and I are expecting our first at the end of the next month, so things are a bit hectic now if you can imagine. ) Thanks again for the help/advice!

Comment

Awesome, sounds good! When I actually get the materials and get ready do it all, I'll give you a shout on here if that's okay. (My wife and I are expecting our first at the end of the next month, so things are a bit hectic now if you can imagine. ) Thanks again for the help/advice!
            I know that all to well. My boy will be three soon. Yeah, message If ya want. I usually check this site by 6pm now that I have a welding job.

Comment

Welcome friend! Feel free to copy me if you want. I won't be mad.
              Last edited by GMManof3; 02-26-2015, 11:59 PM.

Comment

So here is where I am thinking of snapping photos of the wires being ran to. I can snap a photo of where I mounted the led lights at and then snap a photo of up under the dash and then snap a photo of the fire wall with the hole I drilled there to run the wires out to the battery box area. Will this help You with photos you needed?

Comment

So you run yours through the firewall? I was hoping that there would be a way to connect them to the wires for the headlights, so that they would come on when the headlights would come on. Is that possible? I'm not really interested in drilling through the firewall if I have to.

Comment

So you run yours through the firewall? I was hoping that there would be a way to connect them to the wires for the headlights, so that they would come on when the headlights would come on. Is that possible? I'm not really interested in drilling through the firewall if I have to.
                    Yeah, I wanted to have a double pole switch push button to turn Mine on. I also have a voltage read-out for when I turn on my green grill and interior LEDs on at the same time.

Comment

Just connect to the side marker for what you need. The side marker is just a constant on for safety. Plus it is on before the headlights. That is my new suggestion bud

Comment

Awesome, sounds good! When I get some time, I'll know now what to look for. Thanks again for all the help and suggestions!

Comment

welcome! A little reminder, if your state requires your side markers on your headlights to be working, then just splice the wires together. If not, well, then, I would say just cut them off and just connect your lights to this one side marker's wires. Welcome again!! Im am glad to help

Comment

***New update***
                            Since I am an Air Force Hydraulic mechanic, I have the lucky privelage of scoring parts that are being thrown away, and has other potential to use it for other things. So I scored me some ptfe high pressure steel braided hoses. I'm going to get me some hardware fittings to make into brake lines for the g6. I'm looking into the Russel brand of fittings.

Here is what they look like. If all goes well, I might have some left over.

Comment

I meant to put this here. Lol

Okay all, so it is official, I am an....wait for it...

As of this week! I'm going to get a big arse decal to display it. I'm so happy!

Comment

Just got another email from North America vogtland branch. They are having me fill out paperwork for me to satisfy my obligations to being their Research and Development Vehicle. I'm stoked and that means they will be putting in the order for the springs to be sent to me. I'm so happy we still get aftermarket support.
                                This is the obligation

Comment

Working...
                                X