Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The How-To on installing USB in our center console(the console that has the shifter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The How-To on installing USB in our center console(the console that has the shifter)

Now for the How-To: I would have gotten this sooner, but I had to sleep. lol, sorry all!

*For this, I just removed the in-line fuse you see there. I found no need for it. The vehicle's fuse should be fine.

*I changed how I tapped into the existing 12volt + and -, I just butt connected all the USB into the Storage bin's original 12volt cigarette outlet's wires. This is better.

There is your How-to everyone!! Happy Modding. IF anyone want my help, ask. I can also install usb for you for 25 dollars. you pay for the shipping of it all to me and return shipping back to you.
    Thanks for the many views, and compliments!!

***Update***

All six USB ports charge and continue to charge!! YAY!!! For a while there, I thought I did not have them working!!

Re: The How-To on installing USB in our center console(the console that has the shift

Very detailed and easy to follow. Definitely going to be a future project.

Comment

Re: The How-To on installing USB in our center console(the console that has the shift

Originally posted by Maty View Post
      Very detailed and easy to follow. Definitely going to be a future project.
      Thanks Maty

Comment

Just thought I would mention that I appreciate this guide. I did not install USB chargers, but I used this guide to install a CLA in my console drawer as my G6 had the dummy space holder there.
        Thanks again!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

That's awesome! I would love to see it. You are very welcome for this. I have made up a few how to guides. My most recent one is the brembo tear down on those 2008 chevrolet cobalt SS Brembo calipers. I do hope it was easy to follow though. I tried to make it bearable, especially the cutting into the back of the center console.

Comment

Well it pretty much looks like the stock G6 that has the power adapter inside the console. I did no "modifying" for this install. I did recently install upgraded tweeters in place of the stock ones and that required some modifying of the panel.

Comment

Cool cool! What brand tweeters? I need to replace one.

Comment

I found a guy locally selling some Infinity Kappa 60.9cs component speakers (this model is currently discontinued) so i replaced all 4 front speakers. This is the tweeter install on the passenger side. The one one the driver side is not as clean :-( the clip that holds that triangle piece in broke when removing the door panel... :-(

Comment

That looks very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                    That looks very nice!
                    I went by my local JY during lunch and got a replacement part for the driver side so I can fix that one as well.. they never charge me for little stuff like that.👍

Comment

That's real convenience right there.

Comment

So you have inspired me to install USB charging port for the back seats.. I have purchased the USB adapter I will use, but I haven't gotten around to install g the as a person yet. Here is the adapter I got off eBay for like $9.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

That will work out real nice! Just be observant of the lid clearance when opened. Its a pain when mine are plugged up.

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                            That will work out real nice! Just be observant of the lid clearance when opened. Its a pain when mine are plugged up.

I finally got around to completing this mod. I must say it took way long, but that was due to the fact I did not take into account the depth of the adapter in relation the the location where it was being installed. I had to modify the inside of compartment in the center console a little, but once I had the hole cut there wasn't any going back..

Comment

Amazing man! Looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X