No announcement yet.

4 Speed AT shift cable recall on 05-08?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Speed AT shift cable recall on 05-08?

I just got word on this...

Vehicles Affected: Approximately 1.1 million model-year 2004-08 Chevrolet Malibu and model-year 2005-08 Pontiac G6 vehicles equipped with four-speed automatic transmissions. This is an expansion of an earlier recall of the 2007-08 Saturn Aura.

The Problem: In these cars, a shift cable could wear out over time, resulting in a mismatch of the gear position indicated by the shift lever, according to GM. If the cable fractures, the driver may not be able to shift gears, remove the key from the ignition or shift the transmission into Park. The automaker is aware of 18 crashes and one injury among four-speed G6 and Malibu cars.

The Fix: GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the shift cable and attachment bracket at no charge.

Link here
    COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
    Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
    MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
    Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Re: 4 Speed AT shift cable recall on 05-08?

really wow so i should be waiting a letter in the mail then???

Comment

I thought these transmissions are shifted electronically without cables. Guess I was wrong.
      GM must be recall-happy these days.

Comment

Had mine fixed just two weeks ago. My car would not shift into park without me slamming it forward. They did it as a reacall since the same part had been recalled in the Saturn. GM has known about this problem for a long time.

Comment

so should i take it in to the dealership?

Comment

GM customer service said that it's going to be on certain MY 2005-2008 and that's it.
            http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Comment

Working...
            X