Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 speed auto. Convert to tap shift?

Has anyone done this?
    If I understand correctly, the 4T45E was available with tap shift in some cars... right?
    Or am I mistaken.

(Yeah. I know. It won't really improve anything in terms of functionality or E.T., but it sure looks cool. )
    Search turned up... nada.
    Raydar

2010 Pontiac G6 GT 4 door. 18" Mach M7 wheels. "The ride"
    1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula. Fastback conversion. 4.9/Allante V8. NVG T-550 5 speed. "The toy"

Re: 4 speed auto. Convert to tap shift?

likely a change in shifter.. and a change in programming.. probably in the BCM.

You may have all the harness available

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

I'm interested in this too...
      sigpic
      Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Comment

Okay... obviously I'll need to change the shifter and the console plate. Harness? maybe.
        Programming? Got the means. Just need the parameters. (Can probably make an educated guess... )

I'm really surprised that there's nothing posted about it. Figured this would at least be a marginally popular thing to do.
        Raydar

1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula. Fastback conversion. 4.9/Allante V8. NVG T-550 5 speed. "The toy"

Comment

My guess is that the harness is there, and the shifter and plate once changed will plug in.

BCM programming may be required if it doesn't work from there. this is a dead platform with very little vendor assistance or interest even when the car was in production.

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Normal automatic transmissions are not designed to be shifting manually. So I wonder if the tap-shift trannies are beefed up internally. The difference can't be just the shift plate, harness, and programming.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom View Post
              Normal automatic transmissions are not designed to be shifting manually. So I wonder if the tap-shift trannies are beefed up internally. The difference can't be just the shift plate, harness, and programming.
              Thats exactly what it is we've done retrofit programming for people. Tapshift at the end of the day is no different than a regular shift for these things just a command in the TCM telling certain solenoids to function.
              Chris White
              http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
              2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
              2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
              2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
              2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
              2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix View Post
                Thats exactly what it is we've done retrofit programming for people. Tapshift at the end of the day is no different than a regular shift for these things just a command in the TCM telling certain solenoids to function.
                Interesting, i might try to convert mine in the future.

Comment

Chris, is this programmed in the ECM or another module? IE: If someone bought an ECM from you could this be programmed in before being shipped to the consumer?

Originally posted by GTPprix View Post
                  How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Originally posted by mobilebyrd View Post
                    Chris, is this programmed in the ECM or another module? IE: If someone bought an ECM from you could this be programmed in before being shipped to the consumer?
                    He says right in the post that its the TCM

Comment

Okay... I realize that this is a long shot, but I've got a line on a shifter assembly.
                      Does anyone know if the cables and the brake pedal lockout solenoid are the same for the tap shift and the "regular" automatic?
                      Raydar

Comment

Does anyone know which wires for the harness I should replace/install for this to work? I've been looking around the internet but didn't find anything.
                        sigpic
                        Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Comment

Maybe once you all do this, You all can put the paddle shifter mod on next. I made up a how to on how to put paddle shifters on the g6 with tap shift.

Comment

Following...
                            My progression page Clicky

Comment

I really love the tapshift and loved this feature more after I put paddle shifters on my 08 GT

Comment

Working...
                              X