Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4 speed auto. Convert to tap shift?

Originally posted by Trompii View Post
    3.) Continuity between G and Ground (when unplugged from the plug and with the engine off): I did not find continuity between the two but there should be anyways because the light bulb in the shiftier is connected to it and others.
    I would take a closer look at the black wire between the plug and ground. Switch the multimeter to ohms, and set one probe in the plug end (G) and the other probe to a solid metal body surface. There should be no resistance, it should be a direct short. If the meter doesn't react, your problem is there.
    If it does react, then your shifter and the connections appear to be fine. I have absolutely -zero- knowledge of the functionality and programming of the TCM, So that would be where my help in troubleshooting comes to a screeching halt.
    My progression page Clicky

Comment

Originally posted by FentonDude View Post
      I would take a closer look at the black wire between the plug and ground. Switch the multimeter to ohms, and set one probe in the plug end (G) and the other probe to a solid metal body surface. There should be no resistance, it should be a direct short. If the meter doesn't react, your problem is there.
      If it does react, then your shifter and the connections appear to be fine. I have absolutely -zero- knowledge of the functionality and programming of the TCM, So that would be where my help in troubleshooting comes to a screeching halt.
      So the meter shows 00.0 at first then goes up to 00.4 through 00.5. It fluctuates between those two numbers.
      sigpic
      Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Comment

No luck on getting this functional?

Comment

Originally posted by FentonDude View Post
          No luck on getting this functional?
          Nope, Just got a Tech 2 last week and still messing around with it. Once I figure it out, I might see what the problem is. But hey, thanks for your help, I really appreciated it.
          sigpic
          Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Comment

Originally posted by Trompii View Post
            So the meter shows 00.0 at first then goes up to 00.4 through 00.5. It fluctuates between those two numbers.
            I don't know if you've been able to dig deeper on this, but my brain keeps coming back to the reading on this ground wire.
            When you test the resistance on the ground wire, your meter should act the same as if you were touching the two probe tips together. There shouldn't be any resistance at all between the terminal (G) and the body ground. perhaps the resistance is high enough that the TCM is not reading the tap shift circuit as 'energized'? It may be sufficient to complete the 12V electrical circuit to turn on the lights in the shifter, but that's separate from the electronic signals...

Comment

Any luck with this? I hope you made it work cause it just sucks when we start things and can't seem to finish them. I am hoping that it works.

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                Any luck with this? I hope you made it work cause it just sucks when we start things and can't seem to finish them. I am hoping that it works.
                I'm still interested as well...

Comment

Working...
                X