Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried the road less traveled for brakes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried the road less traveled for brakes.

Decided to make get myself some bigger brakes. I went with the 2008 saab 95 brakes. They fit perfect. I had to get the bolts from the saab dealer that i deal with with my work. Let me just say that it stops great. Pedal is perfect and it stops smooth. I was going to do the rear cobalt ss brakes after i redo the suspension with H & R springs. Any tips from the experienced guys on here have done this.
    Die Hard Buick Guy.
    Current wheels
    08 Saturn Aura Xe
    K & N drop in filter, intake resonator removed, 08 Saab 95 12.1 inch rotors and larger pads.

Re: Tried the road less traveled for brakes.

you have any pics?

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Dude you did what I was thinking of for months! I just couldn't verify dimensions. Pics please!

Apparently the rear cobalt ss brakes stick a lot and aren't really worth the effort.

Comment

in for pics...

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Well here you go. The pictures are terrible. You will get an idea of the difference in size of the rotors and pads. First is on the car and ready to drive.

Difference in rotor size.

Difference in pad size.

The more i drive it the more i realize it is much better. I live on top of a mountain. Its about an 800 foot elevation drop to work everyday. Also mostly country roads. I was warping rotors in a month before. I have had these on the car quite some time. Probably over a month. I have taken them out and really given them a beating and they have had no issues yet. I am hoping this is the start of my modding this car. My regal has quite a few things done to it and a few handmade trick. I should have some unique things for this car too.
          Last edited by trishieldfan; 05-02-2014, 09:57 PM.
          Die Hard Buick Guy.
          Current wheels
          08 Saturn Aura Xe
          K & N drop in filter, intake resonator removed, 08 Saab 95 12.1 inch rotors and larger pads.

Comment

I can't see the pics

07 G6 base model 2.4L
            Mods: Duraflex Bodykit / IPP Carbon Fiber Hood / tranny cooler / AVS window visors...more to come

Comment

Originally posted by baseg6 View Post
              I can't see the pics
              ^Second
              Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

^ Third
                Originally posted by D0M1NIX View Post
                ^Second
                How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Damn that looks real nice man.. good job.

Just kidding! I cant see a damn thing either. Lol
                  2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 3400, F40 sedan.
                  sigpic

Comment

Should be fixed. Mind my terrible internet skills.
                    Die Hard Buick Guy.
                    Current wheels
                    08 Saturn Aura Xe

Comment

They work! This pleases me...

Comment

What did u need new bolts for? Can you share the part numbers? Is there a spacer or special offset rim needed like the Brembos?
                        How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Well i just ordered the bolts straight from Saab. If i am not mistaken they are 14mm pretty sure they are a 1.75 pitch and 45 to 50 mm long. Not 100 percent on that. Did not get a part number as the guy stole the bolts from a totaled Saab they had sitting in the yard. The worst part was having to drill the spindle. You need a 9/16th drill bit to make the opening big enough for the bolt to go through. I took my time and stepped up on bit at a time. Took out some of the stress. Other then that it is a regular brake job. The upside is to put it back to stock it require bushings to put the factory bolts back in. The size is documented on the Saab forums. Those guys are using brembo's as an upgrade.
                          Die Hard Buick Guy.
                          Current wheels
                          08 Saturn Aura Xe

Comment

I'm having trouble following. Did you get new calipers and caliper brackets? And is it the bolts that hold the bracket to the knuckle you're talking about?

Comment

Yep the caliper bracket bolts. It is really the only part that requires any extra work. Everything else is direct bolt on. You can use the original brake hose and even the banjo bolt is the same.
                              Die Hard Buick Guy.
                              Current wheels
                              08 Saturn Aura Xe

Comment

Working...
                              X