X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new recall for Malibu/Aura/G6

Time for a new car
    GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
    2006 G6 GT Coupe | Emerald Green | Plasti-dipped Emblems | Silverstar ZXE's | CRABs Opt. 3 + FPU | OBX Exhaust | Eibach Springs |

Current Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | IMOLA RED | 6MT

Comment

I'm at 3 now

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by bjohnsong6 View Post
        Time for a new car
        Time for a new brand as well.
        Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

got me two back to back and Im still waiting on parts. Look at the bright side, we don't have to pay for it!! Overall, I love my G6!!

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
            got me two back to back and Im still waiting on parts. Look at the bright side, we don't have to pay for it!! Overall, I love my G6!!
            Ya i dont see the big deal about recalls in my eyes its something theyre fixing for me for free that i dont have to worry about. The only annoyance is the hassle.

Comment

+1 Agreed!

Comment

The thing with recalls is as the car ages, GM will eventually drop support for it completely. When GM drops support and something goes wrong with the car that is recall-worthy, they won't put out a recall. That's what worries me.
                Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

thats when you trade it in or fix it and keep as your beater car, then upgrade to a better car or truck

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Will continue to keep mine as my DD and get my G8 GT as my "fun" ride

Comment

Same.. But a ss M6

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Same here. ordering an SS w/ 6speed as soon as the 6 is paid off
                        Current Mods: Window Tint 20% except front windshield, Black CCFL Eagle Eyes (Currently being Retrofitted w/ Quad Projectors, RGB Halos, RGB Demon Eyes, LED Turn Signals, Body Color Eyelid), Pioneer front speakers, Polk Audio 6x9, 2 Boss Audio Phantom 12" Subwoofers, Boss Audio Phantom 2600Watt Amplifier, Dual 12" non ported enclosure, GTP Wheels, LED interior and Exterior Conversion, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, Racingline MMI's, Plasti dipped black recessed upper and lower grills, Plasti Dipped black door handles, door trim, fuel door, Decepticon badges in place of GM door badges, 2009.5 Sedan Spoiler, Custom Side Exit Exhaust, GXP Rear Bumper, Canuck Lowering Springs (on their way)

Comment

I agree with Dom, got a third recall letter today. It's annoying. yes I see the point you are making about them fixing it for free, and I love my G6, but the fact that I have experienced some of the issues is not helpful to the situation. The car is great, but I will be getting a different car soon, and brand. Japanese or German
                          GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
                          2006 G6 GT Coupe | Emerald Green | Plasti-dipped Emblems | Silverstar ZXE's | CRABs Opt. 3 + FPU | OBX Exhaust | Eibach Springs |

Current Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | IMOLA RED | 6MT

Comment

So I scanned in all three of my recalls in case anyone wants them posted; transmission cable, BCM, and of course steering - again. The thing is, as we wait on parts/fix, the steering is really dangerous on these cars. I told the dealership I'd pay good money to have a hydraulic system put in, and he laughed, but I really wasn't joking. Although not as dangerous as the first steering issue where it would completely go out when hard accelerating, this time, every time I apply the gas the car magnifies the direction I'm steering. For example, as I'm giving it gas going around a right turning corner and I'm nearly off the right hand side of the road in the ditch. When I let off the gas, it pulls the opposite direction. I figure at least it doesn't pull the opposite direction around turns so you go head on with someone.

I love the car but I am definitely looking at anything other than american built/branded. I love the look and what I've done with this car, but damn. /rant

Originally posted by bjohnsong6 View Post
                            I agree with Dom, got a third recall letter today. It's annoying. yes I see the point you are making about them fixing it for free, and I love my G6, but the fact that I have experienced some of the issues is not helpful to the situation. The car is great, but I will be getting a different car soon, and brand. Japanese or German

Comment

My dealership ordered parts for the BCM recall when I was in on 8/31 for an oil change and they came in on 9/3. I was surprised the parts came in so quick as I never got a follow-up letter from GM stating that parts were even available.

Comment

The new recall for Malibu/Aura/G6

that I interrupt you.
                                http://fordfusioninfo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X