X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new recall for Malibu/Aura/G6

unless things change...

from the press release in the very FIRST post

"Pontiac G6: All model year 2005, and some model year 2006 and model year 2008 and 2009 vehicles"

This indicates... no 2007s and SOME 2006s ,2008s, and 2009s. and again, unless things change, if you have a 2007 you will not be included..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Anyone know which 2006 G6 models are affected?
      Mods: Crabs CAB w/ FPU, GT-R Exhaust, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, KYB schock/struts, EBC Rotors w/ ceramic pads, Aftermarket Sound System

Comment

Originally posted by SFLAGTP View Post
        Anyone know which 2006 G6 models are affected?
        most likely GTs, V6s, and base models

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Hello SFLAGTP,

We are expecting information to become available about which specific vehicles will be affected by this recall at some point next week. Please send us a private message or email to socialmedia@gm.com that includes your contact information and VIN. We are more than happy to update you once we have this information available on our end.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
          GM Customer Care
          Available 8:00am-4:30pm
          Monday-Friday

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Comment

I have an 07 and it has hydraulic steering. I thought most 07s do so they will not be affected. Like cmessick said check if you have a resivour. Also the electric steering feels much lighter than the hydraulic. You can easily turn the electric ones with one finger, my wife has a Malibu with the electric and her steering is really light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan5150 View Post
              I have an 07 and it has hydraulic steering. I thought most 07s do so they will not be affected. Like cmessick said check if you have a resivour. Also the electric steering feels much lighter than the hydraulic. You can easily turn the electric ones with one finger, my wife has a Malibu with the electric and her steering is really light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              This, as well as any GTP or GXP to my knowledge will be hydraulic steering. The electric steering blows so much...even when working correctly.

Comment

But it's so light lol!!
                http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Comment

I'm still waiting for GM to get this together. Where's our Rep. on this?

Comment

Hello Cade,

I did receive your private message and responded to you there. If anyone else would like to further discuss recall concerns or questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
                    GM Customer Care
                    Monday-Friday

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Comment

from reading the recall, this only affects the vehicles with electric steering and not hydraulic steering. in which only applies to base, V6 and GT models. GTP and GXP (some GT models are rebadged GTP's) are excluded cause we have Hydraulic steering

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                      Originally posted by ahuhn
                      so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Customer_Svc View Post
                        Hello Cade,

I did receive your private message and responded to you there. If anyone else would like to further discuss recall concerns or questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
                        GM Customer Care
                        Can you tell us what 2006 models are included? Thanks
                        GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
                        2006 G6 GT Coupe | Emerald Green | Plasti-dipped Emblems | Silverstar ZXE's | CRABs Opt. 3 + FPU | OBX Exhaust | Eibach Springs |

Current Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | IMOLA RED | 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by bjohnsong6 View Post
                          Can you tell us what 2006 models are included? Thanks
                          Hi bjhnsong6,

Since recalls are VIN specific, we do request that you send us your VIN and mileage so that we can locate any recalls specifically related to your vehicle. As Laura has mentioned, please feel free to private message us if you'd like for us to look into this for you.

Thanks

Amber N.
                          GM Customer Care
                          Monday-Friday

Comment

Through our GM support here, and my local trusted goodwrench service dept and their GM rep. I have been informed we are less than 14 days from the release of the recall to the dealers.

Comment

was informed about this recall CLICKY anyone can confirm or deny this?

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                              Originally posted by ahuhn
                              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

I have another thread about it already...

theres more information there.

Comment

Working...
                                X