Took out my Mustang for a cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took out my Mustang for a cruise

Went out for a cruise in the mustang this past Saturday...

2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
    2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Re: Took out my Mustang for a cruise

Looks good...
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Dam son! Always love your wheel choices. Good lookin stang
      Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Comment

Its a nice looking Mustang, done very well and keeping it clean looking! I like how it looks! I HAVE to ask (am going to assume it was cost), any special reason why you went with the 4.0L under your hood? I just asking as if it was due to MPG I would have been tempted to get the new 3.7L, nice balance of HP and MPG.
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

quite honestly it was the price tag of the car that grabbed my attention the most. If I could do it over again I might have sprung for a little more money and bought a GT and done to the GT what I've done to this one.
          2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
            quite honestly it was the price tag of the car that grabbed my attention the most. If I could do it over again I might have sprung for a little more money and bought a GT and done to the GT what I've done to this one.
            I understand, am not one of those flamers where if doesn't have a V8 its pointless or a girls car lol . Just was curious if any special reason went with that one, I was tempted on mine for several days to go with a strip down GT or a full loaded V6 and believe it or not, almost went with the 3.7 instead of the 5.0

2013 Mustang GT
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

My only issue now is do I go forced induction, swap it for a 3v, or just enjoy it as is and pick up a second one as a GT and have a go fast and a cruiser???? So many options so much money......
              2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

You could always procharge it..I believe they're relatively cheap so you can have a little fun and start saving for a bigger project in the future

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
                Mods: AIT Hood, Black EE's, Crab O3, 25% Tint all around, Matt Black Dipped Rims, LED's in Hood Scoops, Intake Resonator Delete, Blacked out Pontiac Darts, De-badge, Molded mud flaps, Flat Black grille surrounds, Flat Black window trim, GM logo Interior Re-Badge, Tinted Tail lights.

Future Mods: Flowmaster Super44, Matt Black Recessed Uppers, Matt Black Recessed Lowers (awaiting install), Eibach Drop, Interior LED's.

"Life's short. Drive fast, leave a sexy corpse."

Comment

Depends on what your goals are. If you like your car as it is and just want a bit more power then strap a blower to it. If you want more performance and dont mind a new car mortgage then get a 3V as they are much cheaper now. I would stay away from doing a 3V swap, money and time it takes can just get it all together, can get a stock one for about same amount of money without all the trouble shooting headaches.

Personally I would just drive and enjoy the car, I did not want a new car mortgage even though I love my mustang. But was forced into it due to all the money it took to fix my G6 every year and couldn't take it anymore.
                  Last edited by dre256; 03-28-2014, 04:22 PM.

2013 Mustang GT
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Not that you were asking me, but I was reading the comments and thought I'd add my 2 cents. I say stick with what you got and upgrade it performance wise. Like dre said, you don't want another car payment, and insurance on top of that. You've already made the investment thus far, might as well finish it off, enjoy it.
                    Mods: FlashTech, GT-R, K&N, Kenwood, JVC, CQuence

Comment

I like it.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Yeah I know, if I get another car it would probably be a c5 Z06 honestly. That will probably be the next car once this is paid off. I'll probably still keep the mustang and have that as a nice cruiser and have the vette as the toy. The Vortech is a more reliable setup and seems to fit better in my experience over the procharger and makes the same or a little more power for slightly less money.
                        2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
                          Yeah I know, if I get another car it would probably be a c5 Z06 honestly. That will probably be the next car once this is paid off. I'll probably still keep the mustang and have that as a nice cruiser and have the vette as the toy. The Vortech is a more reliable setup and seems to fit better in my experience over the procharger and makes the same or a little more power for slightly less money.
                          Be cautious and your home work before getting a Z06. The LS7 has issues dropping its valves and many times goes with out issue due to people just dont drive them. Start driving it like its suppose to be and some of the LS7s drop there expensive titanuim valves into the engine.

2013 Mustang GT
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

c5 doesn't come with the ls7, thats the c6 platform.
                            2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Built another mighty fine lookin cruiser there.
                              Current Mods
                              245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
                              Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                              X