X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you hate most about your 6?

For me

1. The damn pillars are huge!
    2. The door lock button and center console are starting to peel (the door lock button has red light coming out of the now clear plastic button)
    3. I see G6's EVERYWHERE. I swear I see at least 2 no matter where I go. (not really a big problem)
    4. It's pretty weak. However that's why it's a daily driver and not a performance car (still has some ass to it BTW)
    5. I have to hit the trunk button like 4 times for it to open
    6. Red lines at like 5.5 -6k
    7. The stereo is absolute shit. (replaced for pretty cheep but still)
    8. Makes a whistling noise through the sunroof going at highway speeds. (Expected but still annoying)

All in all it's a pretty good reliable car. Get's good MPG's. No Major breakdowns or problems with it. Fairly easy and cheep to mod.

Re: what do you hate most about your 6?

Just too dam slow. Other than that it's ok.

07 G6 base model 2.4L
    Mods: Duraflex Bodykit / IPP Carbon Fiber Hood / tranny cooler / AVS window visors...more to come

Comment

Its headlights, FWD drivetrain, and automatic transmission. I'm absolutely in love with it otherwise.
      Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Originally posted by D0M1NIX View Post
        Its headlights, FWD drivetrain, and automatic transmission. I'm absolutely in love with it otherwise.
        Thats it. Everything else is great
        GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
        2006 G6 GT Coupe | Emerald Green | Plasti-dipped Emblems | Silverstar ZXE's | CRABs Opt. 3 + FPU | OBX Exhaust | Eibach Springs |

Current Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP | IMOLA RED | 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Dball View Post
          For me

2. The door lock button and center console are starting to peel (the door lock button has red light coming out of the now clear plastic button)
          3. I see G6's EVERYWHERE. I swear I see at least 2 no matter where I go. (not really a big problem)
          4. It's pretty weak. However that's why it's a daily driver and not a performance car (still has some ass to it BTW)
          8. Makes a whistling noise through the sunroof going at highway speeds. (Expected but still annoying)

All in all it's a pretty good reliable car. Get's good MPG's. No Major breakdowns or problems with it. Fairly easy and cheep to mod.

1. I agree
          2. Mine are fine. Start using the pin instead of button?
          3. I see a couple a day, but never see GTP or GXP
          4. Get a GTP....
          5. Press it firmly.... Mine goes first shot
          6. GTP with tune... 6800RPM
          7. Get monsoon option, mine sounds great with no subs
          8. Get that checked out, mine makes almost zero noise

Only thing i DISLIKE: FWD, and automatic.... And V6. But i knew that when i bought it.
          Mods: Racingline STB, Racingline grounding kit, Racingline MMI, Crabs Intake O3 w/ FPU, Redline Quicklift PLUS, Front R1Concepts Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads, BMD Adjustable Endlinks, H&R Sport Lowering springs, WAMS 93 Octane ECM Tune

Appearance Mods: Eagle Eye Projector Headlights (Black), Dart Carbon Fiber Overlays, Full Debadge, Plastidipped Grill, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Red Interior LEDs

Comment

For me

1. Agreed. I always have to sit up or lean back to double check if any cars are coming because an 18 wheeler could hide behind those pillars.
            2. The clear was peeling on my door/console trim so I painted it. My mirror adjustment button and door lock buttons where peeling too. The door locks are at least $20 a piece on eBay and the mirror button is $40-$60. I harvested 6 door locks and 2 mirror buttons from the junkyard, all perfect condition, for about $15.
            3. Yup
            4. Yup
            5. No problems with mine
            6. I guess, but I would rather have 300hp and a nice, sporty 6speed auto even if it still only redlined at 6k
            7. I would fix that, mine doesn't.

Speaking of the sunroof, I hate that it doesn't have a pop-up wind screen in the front. My 1998 Bonneville had this. I hate having to have the giant add on deflector on top on my roof. It covers up half the opening when you open the sunroof.

The only other thing I hate are the seats. They're comfortable, but I wouldn't mind some more support. I'm gonna switch them out for leather because the cloth is horrible and the plastic back of my drivers side seat has been hanging off for years.

Comment

Wtf? I could swear that I posted to this thread earlier...what's going on?

Comment

For me

1. Agreed. The problem is not unique to the G6. The pillars are huge to provide stronger structure integrity and safety for the passenger compartment. But they could have used high strength steel instead of making the pillars bigger.
                2. Mine are peeling too. Just poor quality switchgear.
                3. Being a mainstream sedan, there will be lots on the streets.
                4. The V6 engine is not weak. The problem is its transmission with only 4 speeds. That's why it can barely outrun and even lose to some of the 4-cylinders with a 6-speed tranny.
                5. The contacts inside the remote may be worn out. It's a common problem with GM remotes.
                6. Who cares where it redlines as long as there is enough power. OHV engines generally has a lower rev limit than OHC engines.
                7. Can't expect good quality from stock sound systems. Even the Monsoon can't compare to a decent after-market system. It's a Pontiac not a Cadillac. Add an Amp and change out all the factory speakers. Your system will sound dramatically better. Factory stereo utilizes sound processing circuitry to compensate for a low-quality sound system. If you want the clearest and most natural sound, you will need to replace the factory head unit with an after market one.
                8. All sunroofs become problematic as they age. Some sooner than others.

Comment

Originally posted by l672lx9 View Post

Speaking of the sunroof, I hate that it doesn't have a pop-up wind screen in the front. My 1998 Bonneville had this. I hate having to have the giant add on deflector on top on my roof. It covers up half the opening when you open the sunroof.
                  What year is your 6? My 07 Coupe has a pop up wind screen....
                  Mods: Racingline STB, Racingline grounding kit, Racingline MMI, Crabs Intake O3 w/ FPU, Redline Quicklift PLUS, Front R1Concepts Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads, BMD Adjustable Endlinks, H&R Sport Lowering springs, WAMS 93 Octane ECM Tune

Appearance Mods: Eagle Eye Projector Headlights (Black), Dart Carbon Fiber Overlays, Full Debadge, Plastidipped Grill, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Red Interior LEDs

Comment

My GXP sedan has a pop up wind screen as well.
                    Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Originally posted by ckeelan2087 View Post
                      What year is your 6? My 07 Coupe has a pop up wind screen....
                      I have an 05. I have to have this thing stuck on.

I wonder if the pop-up wind deflector from later years would easily fit onto mine...I was planning a pick-a-part trip on Wednesday anyways.

Comment

The earlier models didn't have the pop-up wind deflector.

Comment

What I hate:

1. This thing sucks in the snow. I'm used to 4wd trucks, but this thing can't track in a straight line even after an alignment, The snow just screws with it.
                          2. The 4 speed trans-This thing is probably the reason I don;t see better fuel economy
                          3. The seats are comfortable, and the leather is OK, but for a long trip they are kind of hard compared to other GM leather seats.
                          4. Around here at least, it's like all chicks drive them, and yeah I just pretend otherwise lol
                          5. It has had a lot of little problems (switches, blower motor, T-stat), but is overall solid.
                          6. It can;t get out of its own way (3.5)

What I like:
                          1. The fuel economy is ok, but I'd expect more they way I baby it.
                          2. It looks good cleaned up.

At the end of the day this car is just going to be around one more year until I go buy a nice diesel 3/4 truck. It's my gas saver, and I really am not overly-thrilled with it. But it won;t be around too long. It's been mostly reliable and hasn't cost me too much so far. Lets hope the next year brings no surprises.
                          Techno gray 07 G6 GT Sedan 20% tint, 6000K HID's, red LED floor lights, intake resonator removal, LED interior and reverse lights, debadged rear dart, gm emblem and pontiac emblem, and black emblem overlays.

Build thread: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24478

Comment

Originally posted by Jonah52 View Post
                            What I hate:

1. This thing sucks in the snow. I'm used to 4wd trucks, but this thing can't track in a straight line even after an alignment, The snow just screws with it.
                            2. The 4 speed trans-This thing is probably the reason I don;t see better fuel economy
                            3. The seats are comfortable, and the leather is OK, but for a long trip they are kind of hard compared to other GM leather seats.
                            4. Around here at least, it's like all chicks drive them, and yeah I just pretend otherwise lol
                            5. It has had a lot of little problems (switches, blower motor, T-stat), but is overall solid.
                            6. It can;t get out of its own way (3.5)
                            1. I live in Minot, ND where the roads are covered in ice and snow 50% of the year and have never had a single issue with my '07 GT losing traction. What tires are you running?
                            2. I drive like a bat out of hell so I don't know about this one personally
                            3. AGREED!! I love road trips, but after 8 hours in my G6 I feel like an eighty-year-old with scoliosis
                            4. Up here it seems to be mostly college-age guys and older people
                            5. Most of the stuff that breaks on my car is more moderate than minor (rim, wheel bearing, cruise control, etc.)
                            6. Hug? I don't get it.
                            Hit the tires and light the fires

Current Mods:
                            CRABs Option 3, Racingline TSB, Racingline Grounding Kit, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust/Resonator Delete, Taillight Bevels, RAZO Pedal Covers, Painted Engine Covers, Powerstop Brake Kit, Painted Calipers, Gorilla Red Lug Nuts, REMIN Dash Kit, BMD Endlinks, Painted mirror caps, Partial Debadge, Borbet MA wheels, Eibach lowering kit, Monroe shocks and struts

Future Mods:
                            AIT Front Bumper (Awaiting Paint/Installation), Concept Emblems (Awaiting Installation), NGK spark plugs, GTP Rear Bumper Cover, AIT Hood, FPU, CCFL headlights

Comment

Originally posted by Echidna View Post
                              1. I live in Minot, ND where the roads are covered in ice and snow 50% of the year and have never had a single issue with my '07 GT losing traction. What tires are you running?
                              2. I drive like a bat out of hell so I don't know about this one personally
                              3. AGREED!! I love road trips, but after 8 hours in my G6 I feel like an eighty-year-old with scoliosis
                              4. Up here it seems to be mostly college-age guys and older people
                              5. Most of the stuff that breaks on my car is more moderate than minor (rim, wheel bearing, cruise control, etc.)
                              6. Hug? I don't get it.
                              I actually put 4 new coopers on it in January. I had a lot of problems with it being light and not planted and we had a lot of ice this year. I was pretty convinced I hated it when I just about kissed the guard rail with my rear quarter panel. I will say I'm used to rear wheel drive pickups so it's bafucally the opposite, but I'm a good driver too. Just not a fan of it in acclimate weather and I can't wait to have a 4x4.

The seats are rough lol and I do a lot of trips.

I can agree about the moderate stuff too I guess. At one pint I had to get tires, mounted balanced, aligned, water pump, blower motor, resistor, and t stat all at the same time. It really sucked and was expensive for a car I won't have too long. Also when I got it, it would shake like crazy. Well the rotors were warped and that was no good too. Even happens on my girlfriends car.

It's slow.....you want a hug? Lol
                              Techno gray 07 G6 GT Sedan 20% tint, 6000K HID's, red LED floor lights, intake resonator removal, LED interior and reverse lights, debadged rear dart, gm emblem and pontiac emblem, and black emblem overlays.

Build thread: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24478

Comment

Working...
                              X