X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do you hate most about your 6?

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
    maybe you have the non-monsoon system

well yah Bose make great speakers. Monsoon is quality speakers but nothing compared to Bose. maybe the systems in a coupe and sedan are slightly different. might sound better in a coupe over sedan do to body shape.
    My car is a coupe, and does have the monsoon/moon roof option(if you hadn't noticed).
    Black 2007 G6 GTP six speed 66,000 miles. Mods: Carbon fiber GT spoiler with seven inch brackets; 25mm wheel spacers; Chrome ebay intake with black couplers: Red led interior lights; Painted front grille with chrome strips; Muffler delete; Painted headlights with eyebrows; 4 55 watt 6000k hid lights from the retrofitsource; projectors with super bright red cob led halo rings; Altezza tail lights; Front Splitter; front canards; rear diffuser; eibach lowering springs; racingline strut tower bar. Future mods: Front Cobalt as brembo brakes; 19x10 inch wheels; fender flares; 10% window tint; make my own carbon fiber hood to look like the vis racing hoods; Reshape the rear trunklid to look smoother and add a sportier looking rear lip; Painted mirrors; Protean in wheel electric motors in the rear wheels.

G6 is now for sale! $7000

progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25701

If its possible I can do it, if it isn't I will try.

Comment

I swear in the last couple days I've got the comment, " dude, is yours supercharged?" (Gtp) even got in an argument with someone who used to own one that swore up and down it was supercharged. That kinda irritated me. Does it count?
      2006 Pontiac G6 GTP M6
      Custom made intake, 5% tint, motor mounts, 235/50 18 firehawk wide oval a/s.
      Up next- exhaust
      [

Comment

The only real thing I hate right now is the fact that the clutch position sensor went bad, so I have to replace the entire damn pedal assembly. That part isn't made anymore, which means I had to drive an hour to get one. And I can't reach one bolt without starting to disassemble the antilock brake block.....

Sorry, that was my rant for the day.
        Time to nut up or shut up

My progression thus far

Comment

No offense, but I hate that they make a sedan. Nobody takes these cars seriously because they are a family eco car, yet it has (almost) the same motor as a v6 camaro in the gtp/gxp. I do get stares now though because of it being lowered and tinted tails/painted rims. Also, not much aftermarket, but I kinda like the challenge.

Oh yea, if the battery dies in the coupe, and you open the door you force the window out past the roof lip then cant close the door...
          sigpic
          Wheels, Hood, Taillights, Engine, Doors, Mirrors, Bumpers,
          Windows, Trunk, Seats, Radio, Carpet, Muffler, Sunroof,
          Shifter, Pedals, Headlights, Grilles, Door Panels, etc.

Comment

To be fair I hate the two doors. Their not bad, but that rear end is off the chain ugly. Never liked the Toyota Solara and the G6 coupe seems like a crappy knockoff to that car.

Comment

I hate that there is little aftermarket resources, but thanks to some who cater to us. I also hate that the transmission comes with no dipstick and it has to serviced by a dealership or a mechanic who can do it. I also just changed out and replaced my spark plugs and plug wires and I hate how hard it was to replace the rear ones. I will say, this car has been great for me and kept me from having to do a lot of maintenance. I have only had to put her in the shop for two major issues. Front main crankshaft seal and leaking valve covers. Maybe the transmission flush could count?

Comment

Hated the idea of the sealed trans setup too, and still do kinda.

I did however change the filter and fluid recently in my garage and it really does sound harder then it is.

Comment

Well, I have a 2006 Malibu Maxx SS, but being a close sister, I'll add what I think.

1. Aftermarket ? What aftermaket ?
                  2. The transmission is smooth and perfomant, but 4 speeds is not enough, and that TapShift button totally sucks. I wonder why GM did not use TapShift paddles shifter like on the Grand Prix GTP/GXP.
                  3. No heated seats in the SS, not even optional, and the G6 has them ? What ?!?
                  4. Some moderate/important reliability issues, like a leaking steering rack and pinion, a leaking main crankshaft's seal, very weak OEM suspension control arms/ball joints, weak overall suspension's bushings, wheel bearings, link kits, outer tie rods...
                  5. This car is heavy. 1650 kilograms. Ouch.
                  6. The "famous" Driver Information Center displayed in the radio head unit... Not useful. Way better in the cluster like the next gen Malibu.
                  7. Original brakes sucks. Disks, shoes and calipers.
                  8. The windshield washer nozzles on the wiper arms gets frozen when it's very cold outside, even with -40C windshield washer fluid.

Comment

Only thing i dont like is the severe peeling on the driver door plastic that id like to get rid of, and my door speakers died out forever ago. Otherwise i love my car. (You want to talk about blind spots, drive a 2011 equinox. Holy hell)
                    But my 07 was a last minute replacement for a 2001 dodge neon that i totaled, so for some minor problems i'm extremely happy
                    Just because it doesn't fit doesn't mean you should HIT IT WITH A HAMMER.

Comment

Working...
                    X