• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do you hate most about your 6?

Lack of aftermarket for the 3.9....

Comment

the damn remote goes out afterwards and almost every chick drives these!! But those chick that drives these either can be hot or hot mess
      http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Comment

Good thing I got a 2007 GTP, I don't have any of the problems that you guys have!! Plenty of power, six controllable speeds, coupe so its good looking. The problems I have are lack of traction off the line, but that cant really be helped too much due to it being FWD, and it could have better brakes, but so could most cars.
        Black 2007 G6 GTP six speed 66,000 miles. Mods: Carbon fiber GT spoiler with seven inch brackets; 25mm wheel spacers; Chrome ebay intake with black couplers: Red led interior lights; Painted front grille with chrome strips; Muffler delete; Painted headlights with eyebrows; 4 55 watt 6000k hid lights from the retrofitsource; projectors with super bright red cob led halo rings; Altezza tail lights; Front Splitter; front canards; rear diffuser; eibach lowering springs; racingline strut tower bar. Future mods: Front Cobalt as brembo brakes; 19x10 inch wheels; fender flares; 10% window tint; make my own carbon fiber hood to look like the vis racing hoods; Reshape the rear trunklid to look smoother and add a sportier looking rear lip; Painted mirrors; Protean in wheel electric motors in the rear wheels.

G6 is now for sale! $7000

progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25701

If its possible I can do it, if it isn't I will try.

Comment

60-0 in 135 feet is among the worst out there.

My cheap 'made-in-china' brake last just as long as the stock GM brakes and they cost 1/3 the price.

Comment

I overall enjoyed my GTP as a car.

I hated though how stiff my seats where, always bothered me on long trips. But I really liked how they had GTP in the seats.

Thing that always bothered me was how the 2006 GTPs got the shaft with the 3900 and 4 speed auto. The 2007s got the 3.6L and 6 speed. After driving both my 3900 in my G6 and the 3.6L in my Wife's Torrent GXP, its night and day. I really like the 3.6L plus don't have any of the problems the 3900 has. If my GTP came with the 3.6L, there is no doubt I would still have that car.
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

The Monsoon sound system sucks balls, glad I got a sub in there now. To change a head light bulb, jesus christ damn head lights assembly. The short drainage tubes for the sun roof.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrelishere View Post
                The Monsoon sound system sucks balls, glad I got a sub in there now. To change a head light bulb, jesus christ damn head lights assembly. The short drainage tubes for the sun roof.
                You've got to be joking... The Monsoon system in my GXP sounds absolutely tits! Of course there's room for teeny improvements here or there, but it's definitely the best stock system I've ever heard.
                Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Originally posted by D0M1NIX View Post
                  Its headlights, FWD drivetrain, and automatic transmission. I'm absolutely in love with it otherwise.
                  this is about it. other then that its a good car. car would be amazing if it was RWD. 6speed manual and bitchen projectors. the coupe looks like it should have been rwd. it has a fatass like one, haha. if your mirrors are set up correctly you have very little blind spots.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

You've got to be joking... The Monsoon system in my GXP sounds absolutely tits! Of course there's room for teeny improvements here or there, but it's definitely the best stock system I've ever heard.
                    The stock system is heavily enhanced with sound equalization circuitry to make it sound better and mask its deficiencies.

A decent after-market system may not sound as good to an average ear but will sound much more natural and realistic.

Comment

An aftermarket system would still sound good and I don't doubt that it'd sound better than the Monsoon system to the trained ear, but it doesn't "suck balls" as squirrelishere said.
                      Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Originally posted by dre256 View Post
                        I overall enjoyed my GTP as a car.

I hated though how stiff my seats where, always bothered me on long trips. But I really liked how they had GTP in the seats.

Thing that always bothered me was how the 2006 GTPs got the shaft with the 3900 and 4 speed auto. The 2007s got the 3.6L and 6 speed. After driving both my 3900 in my G6 and the 3.6L in my Wife's Torrent GXP, its night and day. I really like the 3.6L plus don't have any of the problems the 3900 has. If my GTP came with the 3.6L, there is no doubt I would still have that car.
                        This is really minor but I'm still wondering why they didn't decide to embroider "GXP" on the seats until 09.5.

Comment

I would have to say the pillars for sure, fact thats its FWD, and possibly the lack of aftermarket for the LZ4, i would love to make a sleeper out of it but there just isn't much to do!

Comment

The stock G6 monsoon system is better than most cars I have herd, but it isn't anything like my old 1996 camaro's stock bose system. That was defiantly the best sounding stock system. Most people that herd it thought I had aftermarket subs! The G6's kind of makes a weird noise in the back speakers when really loud bassy music is playing.
                            Black 2007 G6 GTP six speed 66,000 miles. Mods: Carbon fiber GT spoiler with seven inch brackets; 25mm wheel spacers; Chrome ebay intake with black couplers: Red led interior lights; Painted front grille with chrome strips; Muffler delete; Painted headlights with eyebrows; 4 55 watt 6000k hid lights from the retrofitsource; projectors with super bright red cob led halo rings; Altezza tail lights; Front Splitter; front canards; rear diffuser; eibach lowering springs; racingline strut tower bar. Future mods: Front Cobalt as brembo brakes; 19x10 inch wheels; fender flares; 10% window tint; make my own carbon fiber hood to look like the vis racing hoods; Reshape the rear trunklid to look smoother and add a sportier looking rear lip; Painted mirrors; Protean in wheel electric motors in the rear wheels.

G6 is now for sale! $7000

progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25701

If its possible I can do it, if it isn't I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrelishere View Post
                              maybe you have the non-monsoon system

Originally posted by OneBadAzzG6 View Post
                              The stock G6 monsoon system is better than most cars I have herd, but it isn't anything like my old 1996 camaro's stock bose system. That was defiantly the best sounding stock system. Most people that herd it thought I had aftermarket subs! The G6's kind of makes a weird noise in the back speakers when really loud bassy music is playing.
                              well yah Bose make great speakers. Monsoon is quality speakers but nothing compared to Bose. maybe the systems in a coupe and sedan are slightly different. might sound better in a coupe over sedan do to body shape.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                              Originally posted by ahuhn
                              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
                                maybe you have the non-monsoon system

well yah Bose make great speakers. Monsoon is quality speakers but nothing compared to Bose. maybe the systems in a coupe and sedan are slightly different. might sound better in a coupe over sedan do to body shape.

Hi Monsoon! Yeah I have it. Again, to me it sucks balls. Had a Z before that also had Monsoon. Bypassed the Monsoon system on my Z and sounded ever so slightly degraded. Hell, my Cavalier sounded like my G6 Monsoon system. But alas, that's why we always upgrade right?

Comment

Working...
                                X