Keep your GT-R exhaust in place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep your GT-R exhaust in place

i recently purchased my GTR exhaust and i couldnt be happier. i did however have one problem. the hangers on the rear or the exhaust would slide forward in the rubber bushings and the tips would stick out and point down. i simply went to home depot and purchased a couple of hose clamps for about 90 cents a piece. i placed the hose clamps behind the rubber bushing on both sides to prevent it from sliding out. im not sure if anyone else has experiences this problem but this a cheap way to solve the problem and it works great.

2006 G6 GTP 6MT
    GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI

I've never had that issue

But good idea.
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

That should not be happening. Are all the hangers installed ? The hangers at the front of the system (straight pipe) and the last one before the muffler don't have that much travel, thus should not allow that to happen.

Comment

Hey that's the same thing I did with mine, but I also have my tips tucked in a lot further than other people on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
          Hey that's the same thing I did with mine, but I also have my tips tucked in a lot further than other people on here.
          I keep mine tucked in too, but the adjustment for that is actually made at the straight pipe, by bringing the big mandrel bent section closer towards the front and tilting the muffler abit.

Comment

I have been having the same problem, but I haven't had a chance to torque up the clamps to 50 ft/lbs yet. Might give this a try if the tips keep moving after I tighten the clamps.

Comment

Originally posted by GT-R
              I keep mine tucked in too, but the adjustment for that is actually made at the straight pipe, by bringing the big mandrel bent section closer towards the front and tilting the muffler abit.
              Ahh yeah I figured that when I was installing mine, I didn't really play around with it too much but that is just how it ended up. But mine is welded now so no more adjustments for me, so it's that way for good. Now I don't need to worry about moving anything when I polish the tips and whatnot.

Oh and dizzlesmizzle you might want to see if you can find stainless steel worm clamps instead, if yours aren't already I mean. Then they won't rust.

Comment

That should not be happening. Are all the hangers installed ? The hangers at the front of the system (straight pipe) and the last one before the muffler don't have that much travel, thus should not allow that to happen.
                all the hangers are installed. i think the rear hangers may have gotten slightly bent downwards during shipping combined with all the wd 40 on the rubber bushings caused the tips to slip down and out.
                2006 G6 GTP 6MT
                GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI

Comment

Originally posted by dizzlesmizzle
                  all the hangers are installed. i think the rear hangers may have gotten slightly bent downwards during shipping combined with all the wd 40 on the rubber bushings caused the tips to slip down and out.
                  Mine were also bent down, I'm pretty sure its done like that for a reason.
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider

Mine were also bent down, I'm pretty sure its done like that for a reason.
                    It was. It's that way for preference of adjustability, and when tilting the muffler for tip adjustments.

Comment

just a quick question, have the majority of people just used the clamps or have they had their systems welded into place?
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Just clamps on mine.

Comment

and you don't have any problems or leaks anywhere?? I'd rather use clamps instead of paying to have it welded.
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

No leaks...just put some copper seal on each joint and you'll be fine. I did have a problem with the tips moving a bit but I think tightening the clamps to 50 ft/lbs instead of 30 should fix it.

Comment

awesome thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                              X