Ipod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics

Here is the promised pics of the installed stereo.

As Soon as i get the Sirius and Ipod control Boxes mounted where it looks good i will take pics of that as well

Sirius Satilite Raido here. With The hook side of the velcro securing it to the carpet under the passenger seat.

Fuse Panel Passenger side

Ipod Wire Route

Ipod Brain Box well Hiden and secured under the carpet with some foam backing to keep it from rattling.

Idea stole from a fellow G6'er here in the forums thanks for the idea! worked out great!

Sorry about the sun spots took them in a hurry and the area where the shade is, currently has a sprinkler running near it

But My setup is the Metra Turbo2 99-3303 Dash Kit. JVC KD-G320, Sirius SIR-JVC1, and lastly the JVC IPod KS-PD100

I love it all sounds GREAT with the stock Speakers. If i Can find a way to build a box that is huge and i can still get to my spare tire. I will add subs and amps later on when my wife quits rolling her eyes at me LOL

Comment

Looking good man, nice pics.

One thing though, is there a gap on the left side of the unit, or just the way the picture is?

Comment

it looks the same way for the LCD display so i would imagine it is the angle of the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
          Looking good man, nice pics.

One thing though, is there a gap on the left side of the unit, or just the way the picture is?
          I took the pic at an angle from the passenger seat there is no gap i assure you!

Comment

Yeah I figured it was, hard to tell in pics so I thought I'd ask.

Good job.

Comment

Yeah I figured it was, hard to tell in pics so I thought I'd ask.

Good job.
              thanks only thing i dont like is the backlite on the DIC LCD is a white color. and Id like it to be red. gonna work on modding that later. and I also dont like how the texture of the radio plate is differant from the Climate Control. but all in all its a great thing!

Comment

You might be able to switch out the backlighting, depending on how it looks. I've never seen one up close but it can be done.

Yeah I don't like how most dash kits never match, but at least this one is similiar in colour. Well it's closer than the other kits I've seen for the G6. You could always sand it smooth, lol.

Comment

You might be able to switch out the backlighting, depending on how it looks. I've never seen one up close but it can be done.

Yeah I don't like how most dash kits never match, but at least this one is similiar in colour. Well it's closer than the other kits I've seen for the G6. You could always sand it smooth, lol.
                  Before I Installed it i pulled the control Board out.. and it uses Small Resistor type LED's to back light.. I work for the Federal Aviation Administration, in a Communication Shop, and got some guys in there that can soilder a Gnat onto an Atom. Im gonna see if they can unsolder it and put some red ones in.

Comment

Surface mount leds? Yeah those are tiny as hell, I had to put some in my Xbox 360 and it was fun to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Interfire
                      Surface mount leds? Yeah those are tiny as hell, I had to put some in my Xbox 360 and it was fun to say the least.
                      Yea man.. they look like small resistors!! ohhh W00T Post #100 YEAA!! lol

Comment

• Here's the iPod pics...

Hope this helps! :smoke:

Comment

• Oh yea it did gave me some good Ideas. I Have the same Ipod Case gonna have to put it back on

Comment

• Yeah - with it bumping around there in that glovebox, I didn't trust it not to get messed up. Gotta have protection, ya' know... :warped:

Comment

• new pics added

Bumped..

I added new pics to my post up above.

Comment

Working...
                              X