Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod

Hello

I am picking up my new black 2006 G6 coupe gtp on Friday. I would like to know the best way to install my ipod using the factory radio?
    :

Thank you
    Jonathan
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe Black

Through the FM tuner perhaps??
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Something like this?
      http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-Spec-iPod-Inter ... dZViewItem
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Those fm tuner type devices that plug in teh cig lighter are okay...but the sound quality SUCKS. When you use it, you hear a a good amount of "airiness" in the music. I bought one form Radioshack for $30.00...worst purchase ev3r!

Maybe it was just the brand I got..perhaps there are better ones? :idea:
        Straight up Pimp Trollin'
        2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
        w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

yeh the fm tuners can work great. just make sure you pick a station that isnt gonna play alot of music out of it, if you do this than can overtake what you trying to listen too

if it is just a station with static you should be good to go, if you have problems try a different channel, what kind of adapter did you buy?

Comment

I spent $100 at Best Buy for the nicest FM Tuner they had - was a cradle/charger/tuner deal.... SUCKS!!! I don't know about the factory deck, but I have an aftermarket deck that I ordered a part that plugs directly to the ipod & plays through the deck as another "source" like the CD/Tuner/Sirius "sources"... That's supposed to give me digital sound. I would check to see if there's something like that available - or - splurge & get a new deck!!

Comment

hmmm. i know at least 5 people that have the tuners and they all work great with no problems...interesting that you had such problems though

Comment

No - it worked fine. It just sounded like dooo-dooo. The bass is muddled and wasn't as crisp as a CD sounded... FM is okay - but not crystal clear like a digital file should sound. Works - yes, my cup of tea - no.

Comment

hmm theirs all sounded good, i wonder if it is getting a loss of bits on transfer...say dropping from 192 down to 128 or so..just an example

Comment

I dunno, But I hated it... If this new part comes in & I still hate it, I'm going to be SOOOO mad!!! I really don't know what it even is. All I know is it's something available for my Kenwood deck that supports iPod & names it as another "source"...... hmmmmm.......??

Comment

My sirius is through the FM and it sounds better than putting a CD in, wonder why everyone else would have poor sound quality.
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I've got the irock! Wireless FM Transmitter 440FM

Maybe mine is defective, lol.

Comment

I don't know if anyone would dare give Coupe something defective

Comment

someone's gonna DIE!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X