Alero new look!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alero new look!

Been a long time since I posted photos on here. Now that ive got some things done maintenance wise. I have taken her out twice this winter now. Just got it out yesterday for an alignment and took some pics along with a few days before that. First pics with fender stripes were pretty recent... but I removed them the other day.

Also newest addition... 18" BBS SR wheels.

Here is one I snapped yesterday without the stripes.

I know she is sitting a little high in some pics. The suspension was unloaded, car in air, struts removed, no wheels attached for about 3 months. So gotta give it time to resettle
    2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS 3400, F40 sedan.
    sigpic

Re: Alero new look!

Looking awesome! I love those wheels!

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

thank you! i love them too compared to my old ones. they were expensive. but i am very happy with my choice!
      sigpic

Comment

This is the nicest Alero I've ever seen, but waddafak with the fender racing stripes?
        Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

haha well they are gone now, thanks im glad you like it.

but people with grand ams would do it, and a majority of them looked great with them. 2 years ago i decided that i havent seen an alero with them so why not try it. so i did in light blue to match the brakes. (looked better when brakes were clean) and had them on for 2 years, i liked the look. but with the new wheels and all, and it being a new year, im going with a more "stock" clean look. the car has power, it just doesnt look like it....
          sigpic

Comment

What kinda power?

07 G6 base model 2.4L
            Mods: Duraflex Bodykit / IPP Carbon Fiber Hood / tranny cooler / AVS window visors...more to come

Comment

Haha well its not boosted. Mainly bolt on things.

6 speed swap. (F40. Thats why im on this site) headers. Custom downpipe no cat, exhaust. EGR delete. CAI. P/P UIM/LIM. 65MM TB. modified heatertube to cancel out coolant going into the TB. AC 100% removed. No ac lines. No dryer. No condensor. No compressor. Took it all out. A VERY good tune so far thats almost complete. Few more tweaks... and some other odds and ends.

But the plan is to go turbo.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyalero View Post
                Haha well its not boosted. Mainly bolt on things.

6 speed swap. (F40. Thats why im on this site) headers. Custom downpipe no cat, exhaust. EGR delete. CAI. P/P UIM/LIM. 65MM TB. modified heatertube to cancel out coolant going into the TB. AC 100% removed. No ac lines. No dryer. No condensor. No compressor. Took it all out. A VERY good tune so far thats almost complete. Few more tweaks... and some other odds and ends.

But the plan is to go turbo.
                Impressive sir, very good looking alero. Loving sleepers, I have a friend about 30 seconds down the road from me who has an alero as well. and well...were 20 so we're always looking at making our stuff faster and louder. he did a glasspack on his and some other small mods, but i showed him this and his eyes lit up. it looks much better than i had thought it would with rims. kudos to working with what ya got, the F40 after the update is a decent tranny, i get pretty good mileage out of it. nice long gears to help you pass four bangers. most of the time someone tries to get tough ill flay them in third from like 50-90 mph while i hear them go through 3rd 4th and 5th, and they fall further and further behind with every shift
                Current Mods:
                Lighting: DDM Tuning 55w 6000k low beams, 35w fogs, SuperbrightLEDs.com LED red Map and Dome lights, LED Tail light bulbs W/ triple flash
                Interior: 21 Piece upholstery covers: seats, headrests, steering wheel, seat belt covers, floor mats, all in black with red accents.... 2008 Radio W/ Aux input
                Sound: Dual 12 inch pioneer tsw-304R Subwoofers in individual 3/4 inch HDF Vented Boxes, RCA Hi-Lo converter with 12v remote source, Kole Audio 600Wx2 Amp
                Exterior: Gloss Black Painted trim W/ a custom red touch ( grill rings, window trim), Contrast Cut Painted 18" rims (Stock rim painted)
                Performance: CRAB CAB with FPU, Resonator Replaced with Glasspack, Max Advanced Brakes Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors + ceramic pads
                Repair: Replace F40 Transmission in August 2013, Replaced shifter cable assembly, Flex Pipe Replaced April 2014

To Come!: Tints (Ct legal limit), Remove intake resonator, NGK laser iridium spark plugs

Comment

Haha yup! Its tons of fun. The v6 alero never had a manual option. There is only 2 with that trans snd the 3400 motor. A 3rd is in the making. And you should invite your friend with that alero over to aleromod.com thats my main site I go to. Would like to see what he has done. He could also learn some thing to do that he may not know of yet.

But thanks! Im glad you and him like the car. I love this car alot... its my pride and joy. Lol
                  sigpic

Comment

My Alero was way more comfy than my G6.

Comment

Haha the car is more comfortable then stock now with my sparco racing seats in it
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X