X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Mixed Martial Arts Thread

Since we don't have an "official" one:

I looooove this sport. Can't wait to see Randy Couture fight Sylvia.. Oh.. Mirco Cro Cop... He is completely badass! Can't wait to see more of him in UFC!
    Current Mods: Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI and GT-R Exhaust. Tune Time TUNE! 6000 K HIDs, MPD Hood.

Originally posted by GTPprix
    My sister's cousin's niece who married a guy who delivers paper towels to a guy who knows a girl whose brother is a cabinet member for nObama said that GM just imploded 20 minutes ago.

Did you happen to catch the show 'Pros vs. Joes'? They take guys who were high school/college athletes and put them in competitions against professionals. They have them do things like try to defend a pass against Michael Irvin, try get rebounds vs. a b-ball star, etc.

In one episode, they had Randy Couture. In the competition, each guy gets in the ring for 5 minutes with Couture. The guy who taps out the least amount of times wins. It was hillarious.

Sorry to say it, but I think Couture-Sylvia is gonna be about as good as Shamrock-Ortiz. Couture's goin down, hard and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by joresnik
      In one episode, they had Randy Couture. In the competition, each guy gets in the ring for 5 minutes with Couture. The guy who taps out the least amount of times wins. It was hillarious.
      No idea who that is and I've only caught a bit of that show here and there, but that sounds funny as hell.

Comment

On the latest episode, they had to go 3 minutes with Roy Jones Jr. Jones was holding back way too much to make it entertaining. He just toyed with them until they got tired.

Comment

Did you happen to catch the show 'Pros vs. Joes'?
          Yeah, I saw it. I try to catch anything with fighters. He was tossing them bitches around, he he doesn't even do submission fighting.

Sorry to say it, but I think Couture-Sylvia is gonna be about as good as Shamrock-Ortiz. Couture's goin down, hard and fast.
          Nah. I don't think Couture is as washed up as Shamrock is, and Sylvia isn't as explosive a fighter as Ortiz is. Should make for a pretty good fight!
          Current Mods: Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI and GT-R Exhaust. Tune Time TUNE! 6000 K HIDs, MPD Hood.

My sister's cousin's niece who married a guy who delivers paper towels to a guy who knows a girl whose brother is a cabinet member for nObama said that GM just imploded 20 minutes ago.

Comment

C'mon people!! Lets get psyched for this fight coming up! March 3rd is the next UFC.. Gonna be some good fighters going at it (fighting, not sex, for you wierdos)! Can't wait. Get some beer, some chips, and sit down and enjoy!

Comment

Hell yeah, I can't get enough of this stuff. I do have a bad habit of half-way acting out what I'd do to get out of a hold while sitting on the couch. This is why the girlfriend goes in the other room and plays on her laptop when I'm watching fights on spike tv.

Comment

i am renting it this saturday! i can't wait! i am getting hammered and screaming at the TV.

i like couture and everything, but his ass is grass.

did anyone see where diego sanchez is fighting josh koschek? that will be awesome, but i have to say i think diego will come out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by drunkenmaxx
                  i am renting it this saturday! i can't wait! i am getting hammered and screaming at the TV.

i like couture and everything, but his ass is grass.

did anyone see where diego sanchez is fighting josh koschek? that will be awesome, but i have to say i think diego will come out on top.

How many take downs do you think Koscheck will get against Diego? That'll be an awesome fight. I hope Diego grounds and pounds his a$$.

Comment

i don't know, diego is a wrestler himself, so he won't be so easy to shoot on. i can see josh getting caught by a knee when he puts his head down to shoot.

Comment

i don't know, diego is a wrestler himself, so he won't be so easy to shoot on. i can see josh getting caught by a knee when he puts his head down to shoot.
                      Yeah, that's what I was getting at. It'll be really interesting. I hope Diego does cut him open with his knee. He should be looking for the shoots so I hope that happens. Diego is a friggin' nut.

Comment

last night spike kept airing a commercial for ultimate fighter 5, saying it would change the game and to stay tuned to hear more, but i never saw anything. the commercial showed BJ penn.

have your heard anything about TUF 5?

Comment

last night spike kept airing a commercial for ultimate fighter 5, saying it would change the game and to stay tuned to hear more, but i never saw anything. the commercial showed BJ penn.

have your heard anything about TUF 5?
                          I saw that same thing but I have no idea what they're talking about. I'm excited though. I just wish my girlfriend didn't hate the show.

Comment

lucky for me, my girlfriend is just as excited about seeing it as i am! we're going 50/50 on the cost of the PPV!

Comment

I knew it...the coaches are going to fight at the end. Jens Pulver and Penn

Only one weight class though...lightweight I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X