X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Mixed Martial Arts Thread

Originally posted by joresnik
    ......worst.......PPV.........EVER!

Man, the only exciting fight was on the undercard. Every other fight was boring as hell. Anderson Silva is so good it's not even fair to the other fighters. When he decides to put in a full effort, I think he can embarrass any fighter in MMA.

After the fight, Silva and his manager met with Dana White, and asked to surrender his belt and be a permanent light-heavyweight fighter. After he's done running through that division, he'll have to start beating up heavyweights.
    I don't if that would happen because him and Machida train at the same gym I believe and I'm pretty sure they already said they didn't want to fight each other.

Comment

I've never been more disappointed in a fighter than I am now with griffin. His poor performance was bad enough but then he runs out right after the fight??? Has anyone heard of post fight interviews from him or even Silva for that matter??

MY PROGRESSION- viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26123

Comment

Originally posted by TXGT
        I've never been more disappointed in a fighter than I am now with griffin. His poor performance was bad enough but then he runs out right after the fight??? Has anyone heard of post fight interviews from him or even Silva for that matter??
        He ran out because he was too embarrassed. I'm not as much disappointed in him as I am amazed by Silva.
        Originally posted by BigV11
        I don't if that would happen because him and Machida train at the same gym I believe and I'm pretty sure they already said they didn't want to fight each other.
        Silva said the same thing, and actually said he won't be there to challenge for the belt as long as Machita holds it (which usually isn't long in this division.) But you know Dana White, he says that if that's the fight everyone wants to see, he'll make it happen. Belt aside, there are just so many good potential match-ups for Silva in the light-heavyweight division.

Comment

I guess I'm just dissapointed because Griffin is one of my favorite fighters and has always been capable of taking a beating and still havin the heart to keep fighting. Him giving up was some

Comment

no interview by him, but i read some articles that said he broke his jaw, couldn't hear anything, and was having double vision

so they rushed him to the hospital to get him help right away, that came from more than 1 article and source

silva would kill the light heavyweights too....he just embarrassed the ex champ

people keep talking about taking him to the ground, but no one does damage to him there, and lets not forget the dude does have a BB in juijitsu, so he is no idiot when on ground

Comment

so read a thing this morning stating that he was not hurt, just really upset that he lost cause he thought he was going to win

guess his pride was just hurt

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                silva would kill the light heavyweights too....he just embarrassed the ex champ

people keep talking about taking him to the ground, but no one does damage to him there, and lets not forget the dude does have a BB in juijitsu, so he is no idiot when on ground
                Seriously, I have no idea how you beat this guy. I guess their best bet would be for a bigger fighter to take him on Lesnar-style. Get on top of him and don't let him move. The problem is, it's tough for a fighter to cut weight to 205, and still outweight their opponent by 30 lbs.

I'd like to see Nick Diaz fight Silva. He's EXTREMELY underrated, but I'm not sure he's up to Silva's level yet. His style vs. Silva's style would make such a great fight - a counter puncher vs. a fighter who throws 300+ punches per fight. Now if Diaz could just put the bong down long enough.....

Comment

that is the thing, you cant hit silva

he doesnt have to be a counter striker, cause when he engages it is over. he just lets them make the mistake and a guy throwing that many punches makes mistakes

Comment

Hey, what was with BJ Penn acting like a lizard before the fight? He kept sticking his tongue out as he was walking to a cage, looked like such a freakin weirdo

Comment

Didn't see that lol but he was prolly jus loosenin up his jaw before the fight

Comment

Brock Lesnar might be fighting Shane Carwin at UFC 106. That should be a decent fight if it does happen.

Comment

Minotauro was looking good last night! Poor Couture. That guy is still my freakin' hero! And how about Damian Maya going air born when Nate Marquardt knocked his ass out!?
                          Current Mods: Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI and GT-R Exhaust. Tune Time TUNE! 6000 K HIDs, MPD Hood.

Originally posted by GTPprix
                          My sister's cousin's niece who married a guy who delivers paper towels to a guy who knows a girl whose brother is a cabinet member for nObama said that GM just imploded 20 minutes ago.

Comment

Just thought i'd share alittle pic with you guys.

I have a feeling that you might recognize him....lol

He was in town the other day to teach a class at a local MMA gym.
                            I was not about to pass up the oppertunity to meet him, so i obviously went down.

R.I.P. 2005 - 2010

Had:
                            15% tint, Recessed upper grilles, Tinted tails & Black emblem overlays, Custom Spoiler,
                            Black painted calipers w/decals, debadged, Stebro Stainless Steel Exhaust System,
                            Painted engine cover and Hood Liner, 18" Solstice rims & tires, ZZP Strut bar,
                            Black leather seats, R1 cross drilled and slotted rotors, AIT front bumper!

Comment

royce

Comment

lesnar is scared

seriously, who stays sick for 3 weeks? especially people in that good of shape and with the medical attention they have/get

Comment

Working...
                                X