This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Mixed Martial Arts Thread

You gotta appreciate how well Affliction is doing with Kimbo. They are really giving him every chance to succeed, and bringing him up slowly. They're smart enough to realize that he's a big draw no matter who he fights, and aren't forcing him into the title picture too early. Unlike Lesnar, who got thrown into the fire his 2nd match, and somehow still gets a title shot after 3 UFC fights.

Don't get me wrong, I think Brock has a great shot of winning his next 2 fights to become the undisputed champion. But there are plenty of other guys who paid their dues, and it is an insult to them that a guy with so little experience gets a title shot.

But I guess profit is more important than who deserves what, so he gets his shot.

I just really do hope they are both successful for the next year or two, and we can have an extremely over-hyped champion vs. champion Kimbo-Lesnar fight in the future.

Comment

And Kimbo gets owned in 14 seconds by Seth Petrizelli.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

that was worth the dvr for sure

Comment

that was in sunrise which is by Ft Laud. Like 3 1/2 hour drive.
          I should have gone to that.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

So what the hell happened? I actually was out and didn't get to check out the Kimbo fight. I heard Shamrock got busted open in training or something and couldn't fight??? I wouldn't be surprised if that old bum did it himself. Dammit! And Kimbo got beat I guess? I gotta youtube this or something. I don't have a lot of faith in Kimbo professionally though anyways. He's crazy tough for a street fighter, but when you bring in the skills and strategy of professional MMA I don't think he can hack it.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

Originally posted by scuba264
              He's crazy tough for a street fighter,
              He got KO'd by a jab, how tough could he be?

Comment

Yup, he tried to shoot on the ref after he jumped in.

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

wow that was awesomely bad haha! Damn I watched the video online. That was a joke. Thats what happens when Kimbo fights someone with any kind of training. Ah well, I had a great time watching his old vids as he came along haha.

2008 Member Of The Year-Blue Man Group | Stock Radio Mp3/Ipod Input Installation

Comment

I've seen Seth fight when he did some fights over at the local MMA circuit. I wasn't overly impressed. He caught Kimbo with a stiff jab, right where it needed to be. Ouch.

I think if that fight happened 5 more times, Kimbo would have won at least 4...
                    Current Mods: Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI and GT-R Exhaust. Tune Time TUNE! 6000 K HIDs, MPD Hood.

Originally posted by GTPprix
                    My sister's cousin's niece who married a guy who delivers paper towels to a guy who knows a girl whose brother is a cabinet member for nObama said that GM just imploded 20 minutes ago.

Comment

very possible. Anybody can get beat

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

come on, kimbo is a thug and beat up on people he knew he could take

look at the one where the cop beat him, that dude lasted what 1 fight in mma? he isnt a fighter, just a glorified bully

Comment

I wanna see the Sanchez-Alves fight coming up. That should be pretty good.

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

i want to see arvloski vs fedor

Comment

fedor will whoop andre. Probably.

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

i dont know, he shows up for the big fights and looks alot better when he fights good people

he is as quick as fedor, so that will help him

Comment

Working...
                                X