got locked inside my car today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got locked inside my car today...

....until I climbed out the passengers side. Then I realized my accessories dont shut off til drivers door is opened. Ugh ive read many thread about how to fix. Im pretty confident its either the bar has come undone from latch or broken the latch. Either way I cant seem to get my door panel off while the door is closed nor can I find instructions on how to do so. I just cant get enough umph to pop the bottom of the door loose. Yes I removed torx screws and window rollup panel. And the one behind the open handle. Anyone have any tricks for removing door panel with door closed? I have an appointment with the local gmc dealer tomorrow but would rather fix myself I could. Even if its replaing the latch mech. Car is way out of warranty and would rather not have to pay dealership costs.
    sigpic

Re: got locked inside my car today...

$256 later its fixed. Thanks for all your fine suggestions and help.
    sigpic

Comment

If they are all like me, I would have loved to provide you with an answer but thats never happened to me.
      I have no idea....

how did they do it?
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Yea that's a first for me. Did it have something to do with the shaved door handles?

Comment

No the latch was bad. Gm problem on a few cars. Some have fixed it by lubing. First the door wouldnt close a couple weeks ago. But after a few trys it latched np. I just wrote it off. Then I got in a couple days ago and it wouldnt open from the inside so I looked it up. There are several older threads on here and the other g6 site about this problem but none explained how to get the door panel off with the door closed even though a couple say they did it. Just wasnt trying to resurrect an old thread.
          sigpic

Comment

Same thing happened to me. Called a friend of mine who used to do body and trim work at a Pontiac dealer.
            We ended up removing the back door, so that we could access the back end of the front door, then removing the outside front door latch. Once that was removed, he was able to see down into the door well enough to trip the latch and open the door.
            He said that, on other Pontiacs, he has had to remove the front fender, then unbolt the hinges from the door/A-pillar, and swing the front of the door out far enough to get the door panel off.
            Probably still would have had to do that, if my car was a coupe or a 'vert.
            Raydar

2010 Pontiac G6 GT 4 door. 18" Mach M7 wheels. "The ride"
            1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula. Fastback conversion. 4.9/Allante V8. NVG T-550 5 speed. "The toy"

Comment

yikes
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
              X