Headlight harness replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headlight harness replacement

this may be a dumb question but with the wiring harness instead of buying a new harness that keeps getting corroded would it be a bad idea to take a wire out the male connector and wire it directly to the corresponding wire in the female connector and so on and so on? until theirs no connectors needed and then just electrical tape them after wrapping the copper wires together? or is their an actual purpose of the connectors?

Comment

Good if you never need to disconnect the part. Its an okay idea until you get the same harness or different.

Comment

thanks for the imput seeing that I don't think ill be taking them out again im just going to do what I said above with added wire just incase I need to pull the headlight out again it will have some some extra length to the wire

Comment

That sounds good then.

Comment

Super late here I know, I'm sorry. But I need new harnesses myself, and I need the male type. When I go to order I need to specify what size wire, and what size insulation. Does anyone know what options I need to order? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm wanting to cut that plastic pos harness completely off and wire them together. I know this post is old, but hopefully someone sees it. Lol
              I was looking for a wiring diagram. If anyone has one could you please share it. I would really appreciate it. I'm in dire need to fix asap. I work at night and need my headlights. Had both go out on me, last night on a road with no lights. Wasn't fun. I'm praying I don't have to get sick on led lights lol j/k

Please feel free to email me at aquagirl2479@gmail.com

Thank you so much!
              2008 Pontiac G6 GT , eagle eye headlights, cold air intake.

Comment

The larger the awg guage the smaller the wire. So get the 20-16 and the 2.03-2.85mm. Use the largest wire harness. Also on your stocker you will see two wires tie into one slot in the harness. That is where gm failed cause it allows water into the harness. Tie that 2nd wire into the WIRE (not the harness) before the harness so only one wire goes in. That will ensure your harness insulator works right. Also slather a ton of die electric grease into the harness to prevent corrosion.
                As for a diagram....hhmmmm...what exactly are you needing to know? Just snap a pix of what color wire goes into what slot. I have the service manuals so it may be in there. Will look
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

What size wire/pin and insulation/seal size would a 2008 G6 use??

Comment

20 gauge wire, the rest is here: http://www.corsa-technic.com/item.ph...category_id=91 and here: http://www.corsa-technic.com/item.ph...category_id=91. i ended up just hard wiring mine together. i made 3 attempts to make both connectors without luck... i just added 18 inches so it would be easy to work around them in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X