Headlight harness replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Headlight harness replacement

@Lampoon: How long did it take to receive the parts after you placed your order?
    How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

I dont remember...seems like it wasnt that long....a week and a half maybe.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

This is fantastic! I just installed a pair of HID halo headlights and the harness was bad. Had to go out to a junkyard and start looking for these pins, needless to say it was a b*tch... Finally found a few but the lights keep going out and in. I'm so glad these were found, just ordered 2 of the male connectors today.

Comment

If your female set is corroded it will contaminate your new ones. These are so cheap i really recommend getting both male and female. New to new.
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Ah, didn't know that could happen. How hard is to splice the female connector though? There isn't very much slack to pull the cable out and work with.

Comment

Also ordered the 6-pin Allstar Performance Weather Pack Connectors sets. Time to finally pull the HIDs back out!
              4/7/09 - 2009 G6 GXP Street Edition - Carbon Black Metallic - WIP
              Prev - '06 G6 GTP Sedan - 15% Tint, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, Kenwood eXcelon, GrafxWerks Overlays

Comment

resurrecting an old post.

My female connector got corroded again and now I need to re-wire it.

Does anyone recall the wiring pattern for the 5 wire connector on wire harness side not the one on the headlight, I already re-wired that one up fine.

I think mine is going something like this, below, but it's not working, so curious if anyone has a diagram or just can go look at theirs on their car. both my sides have been re-wired twice already but it's been over 2 years and I forget! - lol - I wired it up correctly once then dropped the connector and all the wires came out and I was like frackin' A, now I only got like 30 different wire combinations; /sigh!

I think the layout is: - one row has three and the other row has two wires.

[Green] [Blue] [Black (ground)]
                [Purple] [Brown]
                Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

You're correct.
                  Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Originally posted by D0M1NIX View Post
                    You're correct.
                    would you happen to know which one is for what since you take apart these headlight often?

I know the 3rd wire is a ground, but do you know what the others are?

I'm just going to get my voltage tester and turn on my driver side lights without the headlight in and figure out which ones get juice when i turn on my running lights, low beams, highs and turn signal but it would be neat if I had a rough idea of what each one did or where the dots connect persay.
                    Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Comment

This is as if you're looking at the pin-side of the harness.

Bottom Left - Ground
                      Bottom Middle - Low beams
                      Bottom Right - High Beams
                      Top Left - DRL
                      Top Right - Blinker

Comment

This is as if you're looking at the pin-side of the harness.

Bottom Left - Ground
                        Bottom Middle - Low beams
                        Bottom Right - High Beams
                        Top Left - DRL
                        Top Right - Blinker
                        So that would be this on the female end:

Bottom Left: High Beams
                        Bottom Middle: Low Beams
                        Bottom Right: Ground
                        Top Left: Blinker
                        Top Right: DRL

this will help a ton so I can now tone it out correctly.
                        Last edited by Deathmage; 05-28-2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Correct

Comment

Correct
                            Which one of them are always "hot" as soon as you power on the car, I presume the DRL and Low beams are always 'hot' (could be wrong) and the blinker and high beams obviously only come on when you throw the switch.

Comment

Correct
                              Thanks man, found all the wires and labeled them. just need to wait for the next day air to arrive, hopefully tomorrow or Saturday, with the connector.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X