Install Koni Yellow Sport Dampers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Install Koni Yellow Sport Dampers

Got my spare strut housings ordered so I can hack up a spare set. Any new tips and wisdom that comes to mind before I do this hack and swap up?
    Last edited by GMManof3; 05-20-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

if you follow the instructions which come with your Koni's you will not need the additional bolt to pull your Koni's to the bottom of the hacked up strut.
      How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Comment

Originally posted by mobilebyrd View Post
        if you follow the instructions which come with your Koni's you will not need the additional bolt to pull your Koni's to the bottom of the hacked up strut.
        Cool. Did koni supply a better metal bolt this time?

Comment

You will not need an extra long bolt if you follow the instructions and cut the spare strut housings at the location specified by Koni. The Koni shock simply slides far enough down to use the factory bolt. FYI: I believe there are 25.4 mm per inch...it will come in handy.

Comment

Okay. I understand now. Thanks for the info mobilebyrd. Any idea where I can get a koni bump stop?

Comment

Whoever did this how to, did you all reuse the stock oem bump stops for the struts? If not, then what brand of a bumpstops and how long were the
              the bump stops? I am finding out tomorrow in case you all want to know. I want to use the right ones that is If the aftermarket ones are better to get.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if the 2007 Malibu strut housings fit our g6? It seems that they would?

Comment

Finally got around to installing my rear koni's so they would match the fronts...rollin' on cloud 9.

Comment

Originally posted by mobilebyrd View Post
                    Finally got around to installing my rear koni's so they would match the fronts...rollin' on cloud 9.
                    Awesome to hear that! I, myself got mine in my spare Malibu strut housings. Did some research and found them to work on our vehicles. I'm just about to put mine in myself.

Comment

A quick question- When you do the front assembly, do you reuse the original top mounts, or go for a new mount/bearing? Is there a favorite brand?
                      My progression page Clicky

Comment

Havnt had to do struts on my g6 yet but dealing with it on past vehicles unless your strapped for cash always replace the top mount. You will regret not replacing it when it randomly decides to seize up over night. However the sound of a coil spring twang as it forcibly turns in the bucket is pretty interesting atleast till its had enough and snaps.

Comment

I purchased strut mounts and all I got were the cushion in between the metal part of the strut mount. You know the ones with the bolts pressed in the mount. I'm confused on how to get that cushion out to swap it out with the new ones.

Comment

Working...
                          X