Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get everything for the Brembo Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get everything for the Brembo Upgrade?

My breaks have been driving me crazy so much vibration when breaking. I was going to go full EBC Pad and Rotor set up and thats gonna run me about 500. So i been trying to read up on the Chevy Cobalt Brembo swap, came across these on ebay. Are they worth it or should i not trust it because they been re-manufactured? I thought getting just the Brembo calipers were going to run me about 800, thats why i wasnt going to bother, but these are so cheap. Too good to be true maybe? Get what i pay for?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brembo-4-Pis...74a5d3&vxp=mtr

EDIT: WOW! HAHA as i posted this I clicked my link to make sure it worked and the brembos were SOLD lol well i guess it wasnt ment to be.
    Last edited by AVT5G6; 11-04-2013, 11:11 AM.
    Flickr-https://www.flickr.com/photos/a_second_helping/

Mods: Brembo Front Calipers Powder Coated Red-Drilled/Slotted Rotors- H&R 5mm Spacers- 18x8 TSW Jarama Wheels- Injen CAI- CRABS Heat Shield- OBX Catback Exhaust- Racingline Strut Bar- KYB Struts/Shocks- Eibach Lowering Springs- Black Eagle Eye Headlamps- DDM 5000k HID lows/fogs-Painted Side View Mirror Covers- All Polk Audio Speakers- Pioneer DoubleDin w/ DIC relocation to glovebox- Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler- Redline Hood Lifts

Re: Are these Brembos worth it?

You still would've need to bought pads and rotors with those anyways... IIRC you can get everything you need for the Brembo conversion for like 650
    Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

I love my brembo upgrade and would recommend them to anyone
      8000k hids, interior paint, tint 35 front/ 20 back, tinted tails with pontiac symbol, blacked out headlights with black eyelids, red grille lights, racing stripes, interior neons, 2- OZaudio 10 in subs, 1800 watt kenwood amp, 17in XXR-001, intake, custom exhaust, painted engine cover

Comment

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
        You still would've need to bought pads and rotors with those anyways... IIRC you can get everything you need for the Brembo conversion for like 650
        Anyway you can link me to where i can get everything i need? i been searching but i cant seeming to find where to buy/or really what i need to buy. If i could get everything for that price im all in.

Mods: Brembo Front Calipers Powder Coated Red-Drilled/Slotted Rotors- H&R 5mm Spacers- 18x8 TSW Jarama Wheels- Injen CAI- CRABS Heat Shield- OBX Catback Exhaust- Racingline Strut Bar- KYB Struts/Shocks- Eibach Lowering Springs- Black Eagle Eye Headlamps- DDM 5000k HID lows/fogs-Painted Side View Mirror Covers- All Polk Audio Speakers- Pioneer DoubleDin w/ DIC relocation to glovebox- Carbon Fiber Roof Spoiler- Redline Hood Lifts

Comment

CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Rockauto. Calipers were something like $175 a piece

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

seems like that place is super expensive, do i need all the parts in that kit? i would rather buy my own pads/rotors and get slotted ones if possible.

Comment

go brembo, but just know after you do, you wont be able to use your spare tire on the front end anymore, your weels will contantly be caked in brake dust and a brake change with oficcial brembo pads will cost you 120 for just the fronts. as long as your braking system and engine slow down is operating normally you should very much enjoy the power of brembo. I do

Comment

Originally posted by AVT5G6 View Post
                  seems like that place is super expensive, do i need all the parts in that kit? i would rather buy my own pads/rotors and get slotted ones if possible.
                  Do yourself a favor and atleast get them OEM pads, they're Ferodo HP1000 pads in an AC Delco box. They're by far going to be the best pad for the Brembo's unless you step up to a racing pad that won't be streetable. I'd also just stick with the OEM rotors, they're just over an 1" thick, and I wouldn't trust the quality on aftermarket rotors but that's just me.

Here's all the part numbers for everything you would need to do the swap...

Part Numbers:

1x - 25900763 (LH Caliper) ($186.91 on Amazon)
                  1x - 25900764 (RH Caliper) ($186.91 on Amazon)
                  1x - 25808929 (Brake Pads) ($130.75 on Amazon)
                  2x - 25900781 (Pin Kit) ($25.80 from Crate Engine Depot)
                  2x - 25994100 (Rotor) ($46.58 each on Amazon)

That's only $650 before shipping or taxes. But Amazon shouldn't charge shipping on all that, and Crate Engine Depot will charge a little for shipping the pin kits though. You could also save like around another $150 if you get remanufactured Brembo's from Rock Auto, have to return old calipers as cores though. Either way $650 is a steal for brand new Brembo's.
                  Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Do yourself a favor and atleast get them OEM pads, they're Ferodo HP1000 pads in an AC Delco box. They're by far going to be the best pad for the Brembo's unless you step up to a racing pad that won't be streetable. I'd also just stick with the OEM rotors, they're just over an 1" thick, and I wouldn't trust the quality on aftermarket rotors but that's just me.

Part Numbers:

That's only $650 before shipping or taxes. But Amazon shouldn't charge shipping on all that, and Crate Engine Depot will charge a little for shipping the pin kits though. You could also save like around another $150 if you get remanufactured Brembo's from Rock Auto, have to return old calipers as cores though. Either way $650 is a steal for brand new Brembo's.
                    Awesome thats exactly what i was looking for thanks, the only thing you didnt add was a 5mm spacer i believe. But because of Samuri's comment about break dust i dont know if i want to make the swap. I have horrific break dust now from my hawks and it drives me crazy. Its one of the issues i wanted to solve with getting all new stuff. If im gonna drop all that money i might just rather a full ebc set up with their "Red Stuff" and not have any break dust, im always trying to keep the 6 clean and im exhausted by the amount of break dust that i have. I also want to eventually get a set of rims and i cant have tons of dust on wheels i actually care about. Im really torn...

Get Brembos-
                    Great Breaking, Awesome Looking Big Calipers (that would look great on a set of rims)/ Have to get the Powder Coated Red, Tons of Dust, expensive pads

Get EBC-
                    Simple rotor and pad change, Good breaking, I can get slotted rotors, No Dust, (i have heard)Rotors may warp after 1 year

Comment

I have auto zone pads and rotors. Wheels are never to dirty, and they still stop 100x better than stock. Yeah they probably arent as good as the $130 OEM ones but they also arent $130 and I didnt have the money for new calipers and expensive pads. All in I spent around $480 for new everything, and it was the best money I have spent on this car.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

still cant decide what i should do. ughhhh

Comment

Part Numbers:

Bryant,

Will these Brembo's work on the R1Concepts Premier "Premium" Rotors for the G6 or do they HAVE to be for the Cobalt SS? - I really don't like the OEM rotors, they look like crap.
                          Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Re: Where to get everything for the Brembo Upgrade?

The rotors are different size between the cobalt brembo and the g6

sent via space transponder

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Re: Where to get everything for the Brembo Upgrade?

Exactly different size, rotors are huge, over an inch thick... Could probably get them from R1 if you asks for the ones from the Cobalt with the brembos, or just get the OEM ones and paint the hats like I did. I'll vouch for the OEM brembo rotors, no problems with them, cast in Germany... Cade you would know better, but I think Brian went through several sets of pads on the OEM rotors and just had them turned between and no problems?

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Working...
                              X