Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sedan LED tail lights

I like your vanity plate.

I would also like to know what bulbs you used. I have found a couple but people say they arent bright enough. And the last thing i want is to get rear ended because my bulbs are too dim. I believe the brake lights are 3057, but thats off the top of my head.

Also do you have the reverse lights LEDs? I want to do mine LED. I also want mud flaps even more now, that ass....
    Mods: Racingline STB, Racingline grounding kit, Racingline MMI, Crabs Intake O3 w/ FPU, Redline Quicklift PLUS, Front R1Concepts Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads, BMD Adjustable Endlinks, H&R Sport Lowering springs, WAMS 93 Octane ECM Tune

Appearance Mods: Eagle Eye Projector Headlights (Black), Dart Carbon Fiber Overlays, Full Debadge, Plastidipped Grill, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Red Interior LEDs

Comment

I'll post links to all my bulbs when I get home. I do have led reverse as well.
      And thanks the plate just came to me one day and my friends agreed so there it is.
      I love the flaps, dat ass looked so much better before I removed my 1" wheel spacers for the winter lol

Comment

Night time GIF!!

Yes, the bulbs are just that bright that it nearly washes out the picture

These are the bulbs I used for the Third Brake Light.
        I wanted 360 degree bulbs, but for the light output, I chose these, Plus they're far enough back from the lens that the light spreads out just fine.

The tail light bulbs (3157) that I chose are no longer available, But they've been super-ceded by these:

My reverse light bulbs were also discontinued, here's what they have now, These are available in 5000k and 6000k.
        Mine are 6000K I'm pretty sure:

The license plate light is a regular 194 White Led.
        I did buy the brighter ones from v-leds as well, but for the license plate it just looked like the same light output that I got off the cheapo LEDs I put in before.

Then to solve the hyper-flash issue I added load resistors.
        I used these for the rears:

Comment

Thanks Bud, just curious; which LEDs did you have problems with the hyper flash? All?

These are some damn high quality LED's. Quite expensive, could do my rear rotors with drilled slotted and new pads lol

Definitely getting the reverse lights, may or may not get the brakes. I already have a pack of night hawk bulbs i may compare them with the stockers first...
          Mods: Racingline STB, Racingline grounding kit, Racingline MMI, Crabs Intake O3 w/ FPU, Redline Quicklift PLUS, Front R1Concepts Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads, BMD Adjustable Endlinks, H&R Sport Lowering springs, WAMS 93 Octane ECM Tune

Appearance Mods: Eagle Eye Projector Headlights (Black), Dart Carbon Fiber Overlays, Full Debadge, Plastidipped Grill, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Red Interior LEDs

Comment

Thanks crusin! Ill pick that up this weekend
            "Chaos is a name for any order that produces confusion in our minds"
            Originally posted by ThreePointSix
            Call the police. Show us on this doll where it happened...

Comment

Originally posted by ckeelan2087 View Post
              Thanks Bud, just curious; which LEDs did you have problems with the hyper flash? All?

These are some damn high quality LED's. Quite expensive, could do my rear rotors with drilled slotted and new pads lol

Definitely getting the reverse lights, may or may not get the brakes. I already have a pack of night hawk bulbs i may compare them with the stockers first...
              Yea they are some pricey suckers, but it shows in the brightness.
              I'm running LEDs all around, front and rears. First I used cheapo LEDs, I needed load resistors, but the load was still so low, that if my lights were off, the turn signal would cause the rest of my parking lights to flash with it, I ended up fixing it by keeping my old foglights on, since they drew current from that circuit. (It was weird, even if the lights were off my fog switch needed to be on to stop unnecessary lights from flashing)

When I switched everything over to the V-Leds I STILL needed load resistors front and back, BUT it solved the problem where the parking lights flashed too. So they do draw more current, but it still isn't enough for the BCM to realize there's a bulb there.

But those LEDs are pretty bright, at night if I'm right behind the car and hit unlock on my fob, the flash from the lights is pretty intense, I usually try not to look at it.
              And the best part, in the middle of the day, on the highway, when there's a semi behind me in traffic, I can still see the reflection of my brake lights in the semi's bumper, clear as day.
              Which is a relief, because I'm pretty sure the reason I got rear ended was because my bulbs were hard to see the first time, but the driver was 15 is it could have just been inexperience too haha.

Originally posted by Dis xToby View Post
              Thanks crusin! Ill pick that up this weekend
              No problem! Glad I could be of assistance!

Comment

Ok cool, thanks for the explanation man. I'm going to save the v-leds page for later, not sure when i'm going to pick them up. I want to focus more on performance for my next mod, just did headlights and already have tail lights....

Also did you buy those mudflaps or they came on the car?

Been looking for some, but i cant pick a seller i like....

Side note, that ass made me just debadge my trunk fully. Removed the dart and GTP... Looks amazing.
                Last edited by ckeelan2087; 10-30-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I don't blame ya. Performance is just always fun.
                  And yea the complete debadge was one of the very first things I did ha.

Those mudflaps (aka splash guards) are actually a GM product, so there's a GM part number. They come blank like that, with the arrowhead, or the word Pontiac. You can find them on amazon too. I have the part # at home I can post later. They're like $25 a pair I think.

But I'm thinking of swapping them out for actual rally mudflaps haha, but that's still in the air haha.

Comment

Yea i kind of want a rally type mudflap myself, like you see STi's running. Big fan of those.... They give a really clean look in my opinion. Just not sure my gtp coupe can pull it off lol.

It would be awesome if you can shoot me a part #, been looking at ebay and other sites, and the problem is most have no pictures or anything. Tried to email one company with no response... I dont want to order a product blindly. I hate online returns.

Comment

These are the flaps I got: # 19213384
                      Here they are on amazon:

My buddy has these on his ridiculously low Subaru.

They are quite a bit larger, and a bit more floppier than the GM ones.
                      If I get these, I'll probably end up trimming them a bit, because after seeing them in person, I think they might be a bit large.
                      The way they're supposed to mount is with about an inch of hang out of the fender ha

Comment

Yea those Rally armor ones are sick, but like i said, idk if i can pull them off in my 6er. If you get them and they look cool i may scoop them up.

Thanks for the part number, will probably buy them tomorrow. Gotta get my check and see what im doing. I want to get rear rotors for my car too, so i will get new pads too....

Comment

Brakes are always fun haha. Yea I'm on the fence about the flaps. But maybe I'll get em. Well see lol

Comment

Could you use the Saturn Aura LED taillights with the chrome strip in the middle? Are they a direct fit?
                            2007 Pontiac G6 Sport, 3.5 AT 37xxx, That awesome blue color
                            1995 Chevrolet Silverado C2500HD Turbo Diesel, White, AT, 180xxx
                            1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5 5 speed, Red, 3.5 inch lift, 150xxx
                            1978 Chevrolet Camaro Type LT/RS 350 v8, AT, Carmine Red, 38xxx original miles

Comment

Originally posted by MudlovinG6 View Post
                              Could you use the Saturn Aura LED taillights with the chrome strip in the middle? Are they a direct fit?
                              No.. these are NOT a fitting part

sent via space transponder

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

He's right different shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X