2008 G6 Model Year Headlight Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 G6 Model Year Headlight Issue

I have been having a problems with my drivers side headlight on my G6 with the connector going into my low beam headlights. The pigtail that plugs into the headlight bulb is melted. This is the first time this has happened on the drivers side. My passenger side was replaced a little over a year ago for the same thing. I also have a buddy with the exact same car as me that has the same issue. There is a service bulletin out on the issue, but it isn't enough because this is a widespread issue for all of the 2008 Models. So I Just sent a letter to GM. I will post their reply. If they reply at all. Here is what I wrote to them.

I own a 2008 Pontiac G6 Base Sedan VIN:1G2ZG57B284119426. My issue is that my drivers side headlight wiring harness keeps melting under normal use. I have already replaced this harness once. I should not be in a situation where I have to replace it again. I am not using high power bulbs. Through a lot of research I have found that this is a VERY common problem with this model year. Something needs to be done about this as it is a major safety hazard. Not only the light going out, but it could eventually short out and cause a fire. Although there are service bulletins issued for this issue it is not enough. This issue needs to have a recalled issued. Customers should not have to pay their hard earned money on an issue that is obviously a recurring issue. Your help in this matter would be very much appreciated by not only myself but the thousands of other customers that are having this issue. Thank You for your help.
    2008 Pontiac G6 Base "Nothing Out Of The Ordinary"
    2008 Ford Edge

My Progression

Re: 2008 G6 Model Year Headlight Issue

Originally posted by Dopey85 View Post
    I have been having a problems with my drivers side headlight on my G6 with the connector going into my low beam headlights. The pigtail that plugs into the headlight bulb is melted. This is the first time this has happened on the drivers side. My passenger side was replaced a little over a year ago for the same thing. I also have a buddy with the exact same car as me that has the same issue. There is a service bulletin out on the issue, but it isn't enough because this is a widespread issue for all of the 2008 Models. So I Just sent a letter to GM. I will post their reply. If they reply at all. Here is what I wrote to them.
    Right now I am experiencing some difficulty with my drivers side low beam as well. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it turns off and on while I'm driving. Could this be the same cause?
    sigpic
    20" KMC Rockstars, Tinted Tails, 35% All around, De-Badged, Black GXP Banner, Black OEM Headlight Housings, 8000k HID lows, 6000K HID Fogs, LED lighting

Comment

Hi Dopey85,

I am so sorry to read that you have been experiencing this repeated issue. In the future you can submit a complaint or seek assistance by sending us a private message here on the forum or emailing us. Our email is socialmedia@gm.com. I am very sorry about your frustrating experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if needed.

Jackie
      GM Customer Care
      Available 8:00am-4:30pm
      Monday-Friday

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Customer_Svc View Post
        Hi Dopey85,

I am so sorry to read that you have been experiencing this repeated issue. In the future you can submit a complaint or seek assistance by sending us a private message here on the forum or emailing us. Our email is socialmedia@gm.com. I am very sorry about your frustrating experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if needed.

Jackie
        GM Customer Care
        I have been having the same problem.
        I have sent an email to the address above.
        Jonathan

Comment

I’ve had so many issues regarding the headlights and the wire harness keeps burning out! The small round piece that encloses the headlight I removed and left off! Because it didn’t have air flow! Ever since I haven’t had any issues!

Comment

Working...
          X