Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Review**: BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Brand: BMD
    Price: $120 each (price altered by Group Buy)
    Purchased From: BMD http://www.bmdperformance.com/

Installation: Installed them myself with power tools on a 25 ton lift (it's meant for Mack Trucks )

Installation Time: 2 hour

Any Installation Tips You Have: Double check your work, take it for a quick test drive and make sure the angles are correct on the cables so they don't rub against the rims. if they do rub, the vinyl coating will protect the steel for a few minutes, however if the vinyl peels the lines are still perfectly fine.

Review:

I figured after a few weeks now of having the BMD Stainless Steel Brake lines that I would make a review of the product in the standard that normally applies to reviews on this forum. After countless "close calls" over the past few weeks with moron NJ driver's on Route 17 in the Secaucus/Newark area I must contest that these lines definitely help with braking harshly. A few times in the past I remember vividly braking hard and thank god I have Michelin tires because if I didn't I'd have totaled my G6, however with there lines and the brake line fluid replacement to ATE Super Blue I've been able to harshly brake back to back with full confidence. The brake fluid I had in the past would start to feel spongy after back to back harsh stops in NJ on Garden State during rush hour (again moron drivers in BMW's and Audi's that don't know how to freaking drive!!!) now the feel is gone and I love it.

I will also contest that the "firmness" in the braking really helps with power braking into turns at high speeds, the soft feel of the brakes has been eliminated.

Now I will contest that I did my upgraded my braking system in one fell swoop about 3 weeks ago when I replaced my R1 Concepts Eline from rotors with the Premium Series in the front, installed Hawk HPS performance brakes on all four corners, flushed my brake system twice with ATE Super Blue and to top it off I installed the BMD SS brake lines. I feel it's only fair to point out these brake lines aren't a miracle component however in the eyes of people that looks for every possible performance and safety attribute for a car these "performance" brake lines surely make a difference; in my case the difference is felt and appreciated.

I highly recommend these brake lines to curious and skeptical buyers. Bryant's (BMD) products are high quality and well worth the investment.
    Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Re: **Review**: BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines

I also did this upgrade. Be sure to keep your clips that keep your hard brake-line connection points stable. This is also a good time to perform a full system brake fluid flush. Be sure to use only new, sealed brake fluid. I upgraded to ATE SL.6, its good but that's for another post. I noticed only a very slight improvement in brake performance. In my opinion if you decide to do the upgrade 20% should be for braking improvement and 80% just so you can say you have SS brake lines. If I could do it over again I would keep the money and my stock lines.

Comment

Re: **Review**: BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Originally posted by SanduskyG6 View Post
      I also did this upgrade. Be sure to keep your clips that keep your hard brake-line connection points stable. This is also a good time to perform a full system brake fluid flush. Be sure to use only new, sealed brake fluid. I upgraded to ATE SL.6, its good but that's for another post. I noticed only a very slight improvement in brake performance. In my opinion if you decide to do the upgrade 20% should be for braking improvement and 80% just so you can say you have SS brake lines. If I could do it over again I would keep the money and my stock lines.
      there is a huge improvement over stock lines with the SS lines especially with Brembo brakes since when excessive pressure is applied the lines expands less when all 10 pistons apply pressure. The point behind SS lines is no expansion under extremely hard braking, and they do not loose their shape after hard braking thereby resulting in less brake fade. The stopping power is not affected that much, but the stopping power on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.. stops is where you see the difference and its amazing being able to have almost 100% stopping power over and over...the ATE Super Blue fluid adds the same characteristics by being able to reach higher temps w/o changing consistency [higher boiling point].

It's kool if you don't like the SS lines but if we had a braking test between stock lines and SS lines with the exact same tires and pads; the car with the SS brake lines would brake quicker...

There is pure science behind this upgrade.
      Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Working...
      X