Summit Racing Extreme Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Racing Extreme Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors Review

So I bought these right when I got my 6 because the brakes on it were too far gone. I ordered in a hurry and didn't do much research.
    Brand: Summit Racing Extreme Rotors
    Price:50 bucks a rotor
    Purchased From: summitracing.com

Installation: Installation was the same as any other rotor.
    Installation Time:
    Any Installation Tips You Have: My tip would be to never install these.
    Quality of Part: 6 ...it's still a drilled/slotted rotor, but read on to find why it's a 6
    Product Performance: I have no comparison because I never drove a G6 on normal rotors
    Would you Recommend to Others:No.

Any Other Comments: The reason I'm posting this is because I deeply regret not getting a rotor that was zinc coated (I'm pretty sure these aren't) and painted. Two weeks in and the rotors were covered in bright orange rust, I know rotors rust but I thought these more expensive ones would last. Anyways, a huge eyesore. I know the rust on the contact area goes away with use, but around the center was still orange. I tried to salvage the situation by painting the non-contact areas with high heat silver paint rated for rotors. It looks like I should have went with the R1 Concepts, or at least pre-painted rotors.

Re: Summit Racing Extreme Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors Review

R1's aren't much better. I had them and they warped nasty. well they weren't true when I got them. I'm running the EBC rotors now and they are much better.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Re: Summit Racing Extreme Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors Review

I've got R1's E-Line and they are great rotors they are just rusted to crap and just look absolutely nasty.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
      Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Working...
      X