Hello brembo brothers. lets talk pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello brembo brothers. lets talk pads

a place where we can all huddle together and discuss the pads we use with out most beloved mod.

so please

tell us what kind of pads (brand, model, part number even) you used with your brembos and if you enjoyed them or not. almost like a reveiw

feel free to speculate on which pads are worth the money and which one's aren't.

I'm at the 2 year mark and the end life for my oem brembo pads. although they had phenomenal stopping power, they squealed at low speeds and produced so much break dust that my wheels were always black......always. I am thinking about going with ebc low brake dust pads this time around.

I really would like to hear from anyone with brembos and after market pads.

Re: Hello brembo brothers. lets talk pads

A lot of people run hawk pads and love them
    8000k hids, interior paint, tint 35 front/ 20 back, tinted tails with pontiac symbol, blacked out headlights with black eyelids, red grille lights, racing stripes, interior neons, 2- OZaudio 10 in subs, 1800 watt kenwood amp, 17in XXR-001, intake, custom exhaust, painted engine cover

Comment

Hawk hps Is a hood street performance pad. The hp+ is the track version and more aggressive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
      1972 F100
      1978 Twinstar
      1992 Miata
      2014 Mustang

Comment

I don't have Brembos yet. but if I did I would run EBC RedStuff. I am running them now and love the bite

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

My pads are currently at half life....
          So I have a little time yet.

Subscribed for info!
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

OEM pads have amazing stopping power, but performance pads dust and squeal more its the nature of the beast
            Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Originally I had cheap Durabest or what ever the cheapest I could find. They were still amazing compared to stock. Now I have Hawk HPS pads and love them. If you don't drive the car for a week they sound terrible until you make a few moderate stops. Other than that they great.
              Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
              INDIAN WARRIORS
              1926-2010

Comment

I'm just running the stock pads and they have been pretty good so far. They do like to squeal occasionally, but overall I'm very pleased with them.
                Mods:
                CRAB option 3 and FPU, iSimple Ipod integrator, Infinity Kappa 693.7i rear speakers, 50 front/20 rear window tint, gtp rims, Brembo brakes, Racingline STB/grounding kit, Intake Resonator Deleted, WAMS Tune.

Upcoming Mods:
                more audio upgrades, racingline MMIs(waiting to be installed)

Comment

I have the cheap duralast gold ceramic pads from autozone. They are great improvent over g6 brakes but I feel like these big calipers could give me more with better pads. But I didn't have the money since I sunk it all in the calipers. So until I wear them down they will work for me. I think next it will be hawks or ebcs

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

I am stunned that no one even mentioned akebono for stock pads...... a dealer service guy once told me that all g6's that were gt and above left the factory with akebonos on. I had them on my fronts before and I have them on my rear stock brakes now and let me tell you, I will not use anything else. I did my rear brakes a day after my front and the difference with and without akebono was very noticable. and for being a high performance brake pad they are INCREDIBLY low priced. you can pick them up onlone for 60 each axle. sadly it's not the same for bremo pads...... even on ebay we are talking 130 bucks!!!!!! good lord.....I also am low on money since giving up my job in new jersey and moving back to california. so with that being said, AINT NO BODY GOT MONEY FO DAT!!!!!!!!!

idk am I the only one who likes akebono LOL

Comment

If you are low on funds I would suggest just going the cheap route and get duralast golds. They have a lifetime warranty so if down the road you need pads and are low on funds they replace them for free as long as they aren't down to the metal. And they cost like 50 bucks

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan5150 View Post
                        If you are low on funds I would suggest just going the cheap route and get duralast golds. They have a lifetime warranty so if down the road you need pads and are low on funds they replace them for free as long as they aren't down to the metal. And they cost like 50 bucks
                        $50 for Brembo pads???
                        CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Yeah, I think I payed around 50 bucks for duralast golds. And replacements are free as long as I don't run them all the way down. They are no hawks but they are way better than the stockers.

Comment

you cant tell me duralast golds are better than akebono lol. becasue those are the stock caliper pads. unfortunately ,akebono does NOT make a pad for the cobalt brembo caliper. because if they did., I would be all over that crap. so maybe I will give them a shot. I buy duralast for my entire family when doing their brakes, but I have never had much experience driving them day to day to see how they perform.

Comment

Going from stock g6 calipers and pads to brembos with duralast yes it was night and day. The stock single pots are horrible for how heavy our car is.

Comment

Working...
                              X