Chevy SS will be made to order....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy SS will be made to order....

Buyers interested in getting their hands on the 2014 Chevrolet SS will have to be patient, as the sporty sedan will be made to order from Australia.As unfortunate as it sounds to have to wait at least three months for an ordered SS to make it to American soil, the policy has been put in place to protect Holden’s South Australian workforce.The Chevrolet SS is the American automaker’s version of the Holden VF Commodore, and Holden wants to ensure the export program is stable for the long term.SEE ALSO: 2014 Chevrolet SS Debuts at Daytona 500 as a 415 hp, Performance-Luxury SedanGeneral Motors North America CEO and former Holden Chairman, Mark Reuss, confirmed the policy to Drive in Australia.Undoubtedly the policy comes in place after the failed attempts of bringing in the GTO and G8, both of which were part of the Holden export program.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Re: Chevy SS will be made to order....

Thats going to cause issues, people dont like to buy cars they cant drive first. Al la 2004 GTO.
    Current 2002 Galaxy Silver Grand Prix GTP (L67 3.8 S/C)
    97 Liquid Red Grand Prix GT - Rip/2009 Midnight Blue Metallic Sedan : RIP

Comment

... And it could have all been avoided if GM had taken the plunge to re-tool factory space to build the platform here in the US in the early 00's.

Chevy SS is a classic bone-head move by GM to create a stopgap between outgoing cars and cars we really want. You know "you gotta spend money to make money"? well this is like "you gotta spend money to spend money to break even to make money"

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

I still hate the name

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

the name aside.. (haters gonna hate) The car is being built again in AU due to existing tooling in factories there. Once the car comes to the "Alpha" platform in FY2016 the model will be built in Georgia (maybe) and the unit will become "Its Awesomeness". GM has not set a limit on the production numbers for this car, market demand will prevail. Provided sufficient interest (whatever that is) GM will allow more and more options and packages available.

I can't wait to see one in person.

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

I'm still sad you can't order one with a clutch.
            My Progression

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
              Once the car comes to the "Alpha" platform in FY2016 the model will be built in Georgia (maybe) and the unit will become "Its Awesomeness".
              It will also, for all intents and purposes, be a different car altogether. Which only solidifies my point that the SS is a stopgap and nothing more. Want a cool Alpha platform car? GM already makes that, it's called the ATS.

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

Wow.... what a joke. If I cant look at a car, I sure as fuck wont buy one. This is why GM fails as a company, looks like ill be buying a Ford Taurus SHO AWD Sedan next. So upset over this.... I bet they want you to pay sticker price too.... if so this is a doomed car...
                Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
                  I still hate the name
                  me too, lose 2 doors and call it the Chevelle

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                  Originally posted by ahuhn
                  so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
                    keep the 4 doors and call it a Caprice...which is what it is lol

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post

Comment

Ordering one can't be anywhere near as bad as ordering a subaru. Subaru won't build to order a car, you place a order with them and if they build a car to your specs, your dealer has a allotment for it, it might be assigned to you. It took 18 weeks for my STi to come in and it took just as long for my moms outback.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

I hear that it will be on lots, that many dealers will be making large orders of "special orders".

Either way, this car is a hot car. Sweet car for anyone looking for a clean four door with a V8...

LS3 in a family wagon? Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

Just saying its "special order" is another marketing technique of GM, trying to hype it. It's all about the marketing....
                          Mods: Racingline STB, Racingline grounding kit, Racingline MMI, Crabs Intake O3 w/ FPU, Redline Quicklift PLUS, Front R1Concepts Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Posi Quiet Ceramic Pads, BMD Adjustable Endlinks, H&R Sport Lowering springs, WAMS 93 Octane ECM Tune

Appearance Mods: Eagle Eye Projector Headlights (Black), Dart Carbon Fiber Overlays, Full Debadge, Plastidipped Grill, Black Altezza Tail Lights, Red Interior LEDs

Comment

Originally posted by Deathmage View Post
                            Wow.... what a joke. If I cant look at a car, I sure as fuck wont buy one. This is why GM fails as a company, looks like ill be buying a Ford Taurus SHO AWD Sedan next. So upset over this.... I bet they want you to pay sticker price too.... if so this is a doomed car...

i would rethink that choice if i were you. go check out the reviews for those things. hell, go test drive one, the interior is uncomfortable and unbalanced and it drives boring as hell.

Comment

They will not be on lots. The only ones that are will be already purchased, just getting some "show room time" before the owner picks it up.

There's going to be less than 3,000, more like 2,000 made for the 2014 Model Year. The way it works out there will be only 1 for every 2 dealers out there if that. Of course small dealers will not be able to even order them. Only larger ones with the buying power will be able to.

The way they're setting it up, they are setting it up to fail. They're going to sell the 2,000 on the lot, call the program a failure and use that as an excuse to kill production of Holden's in Australia and go the Ford root and only import cars to Australia.
                              2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                              Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                              Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                              2005 CGM GTO.
                              386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                              2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Working...
                              X