Chevy SS will be made to order....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chevy SS will be made to order....

that sure is a shame. I REALLY wanted to but a holden commodore one day brand new and import it. but seriously, it is alot cheaper to buy a plane ticket, travel to Australia, buy one off a lot, use your own shipper and ship it back home.

Comment

Re: Chevy SS will be made to order....

Originally posted by samurai View Post
      that sure is a shame. I REALLY wanted to but a holden commodore one day brand new and import it. but seriously, it is alot cheaper to buy a plane ticket, travel to Australia, buy one off a lot, use your own shipper and ship it back home.
      Huh? Even the BASE Commodore (Evoke Sedan) is $36K USD without worrying about something that isn't even legal to be registered in the US and import duties, shipping etc. A Commodore equipped like an SS in Australia is over $49K USD and the top of the line non HSV model is a hair over $55K USD. Now obviously if you went all the way to OZ to buy a car and ship it back you are going to get an HSV (Probably a GTS) which STARTS (and there are lots of options!) at $87.5K USD

This is also why there is a conversion company that buys wrecked G8's and puts Ute back halves on them to skirt US Reg's by using the G8 vin. At no point in recent history could you import a Holden AND have it registered/legal for Road use other than purchasing a GTO or G8. If you could simply pull off the scenario you are suggesting I'd have at least a GTS right now.
      Last edited by GTPprix; 10-07-2013, 09:36 AM.
      Chris White
      http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
      2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
      2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
      2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
      2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
      2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Working...
      X