Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Koni Yellows - Good Deal on Parts

Originally posted by theshibbykumquat View Post
    Personally I'd run a good set of adjustable shocks over an $850 set of Megan Coilovers, if it were a quality coilover kit then I would consider it but they cost $$$
    see.. im on this train of thought.. i just need to verify spring seats..

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Care to share your opinion on a good adjustable shock option for our cars? I've yet to find one. I'll even admit Megan's aren't the best, but they're no worse than the other options.
      1972 F100
      1978 Twinstar
      1992 Miata
      2014 Mustang

Comment

if these konis fit I think thell be a good option
        http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13376
        v^v^my progression^v^v
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24215

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
          see.. im on this train of thought.. i just need to verify spring seats..
          Same, i think Im gonna end up buying a stock strut from a 9-3 and then seeing if my springs and strut mounts fit up fine on it, dont have much more of an option

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
          Care to share your opinion on a good adjustable shock option for our cars? I've yet to find one. I'll even admit Megan's aren't the best, but they're no worse than the other options.
          Ive seen the shock dynos from Megans and theyre not rebound adjustable, they only adjust bump to some rediculous level, which you dont really need more ofanyways. Of availible ones... Megan adjusts bump only, Ksports adjust rebound only, D2 adjust bump and rebound simultaneously, KW variant 1 are none adjustable, and KW variant 2 are rebound only. Rebound adjustment is what you really need to control the motion of the vehicle, but all the coilovers that offer rebound adjustment are much more than the $850 for Megans
          Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

Same, i think Im gonna end up buying a stock strut from a 9-3 and then seeing if my springs and strut mounts fit up fine on it, dont have much more of an option
            What's your timeframe one this?

sent from my wireless telegraph machine

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

What's your timeframe one this?

Just ordered it! so ill likely have it next week, probably try to return it after I know if itll all fit or not
              Mods: BMD Adjustable Front End Links, BMD Stainless Steel Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Sport Dampers, Pedders Lowering Springs, Brembo Upgrade, Racingline STB, Custom Intake, 8000k Lowbeam HIDs, 10000k Foglight HIDs, Badge & Doorsill Overlays, GM G6 Logo Mats, Blacked Out Window Trim, Blacked Out Grills, Pioneer Headunit, 2 10" Kenwood Subs

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

You're about half right there. Megan's can't adjust rebound using the knob, but they are rebuildable using Bilstein shim stacks so you can adjust the rebound fairly easily. Both are important for spring control though, otherwise we'd all be running 90/10 shocks.

Ksport Doesn't fit
                D2 Doesn't fit
                KW V1 Doesn't fit and aren't adjustable
                KW V2 Doesn't fit

Most of those use a rear coilover, which our cars don't use. You'd need to find one that uses a separate spring and shock in the rear.

However you never really answered my question. What springs and shocks do you recommend over Megans?
                1972 F100
                1978 Twinstar
                1992 Miata
                2014 Mustang

Comment

The rebound adjustability of the Koni was the best thing about them when I had them on another car. Like a completely different car, and four times better!

Comment

Just ordered it! so ill likely have it next week, probably try to return it after I know if itll all fit or not
                    I feel as if I need to collect some monies to help with your product test

Redbull? Samspade?

Last edited by cmessick; 04-10-2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
                      You're about half right there. Megan's can't adjust rebound using the knob, but they are rebuildable using Bilstein shim stacks so you can adjust the rebound fairly easily. Both are important for spring control though, otherwise we'd all be running 90/10 shocks.

Ksport Doesn't fit
                      D2 Doesn't fit
                      KW V1 Doesn't fit and aren't adjustable
                      KW V2 Doesn't fit

Most of those use a rear coilover, which our cars don't use. You'd need to find one that uses a separate spring and shock in the rear.

However you never really answered my question. What springs and shocks do you recommend over Megans?
                      Pretty sure all of them use seperate springs in the rear or else they wouldn't on the 9-3, I know the the KW's do atleast

As for my recommendation, definetely Pedders/Eibachs & Konis if they fit, and I imagine I should be able to get them to with a little modification. I atleast know theyll fit if you use the strut mounts and front springs from a 9-3. Thats just my 2 cents though

I feel as if I need to collect some monies to help with your product test

Redbull? Samspade?

No need, a stock 9-3 strut was only $80 off rock auto and theyre pretty easy with returning stuff so it shouldnt be a big deal... if this doesnt work out I have something else in mind that I need to look into...

My Progression

BMD Performance products

Comment

id be willing to pony some cash over for koni product test, they look totally worth it and I just got my new springs and I kind of want to wait to put them on to get some new struts and shocks. especially some adjustable ones
                        v^v^my progression^v^v

sigpic

Comment

Pretty sure all of them use seperate springs in the rear or else they wouldn't on the 9-3, I know the the KW's do atleast

As for my recommendation, definetely Pedders/Eibachs & Konis if they fit, and I imagine I should be able to get them to with a little modification. I atleast know theyll fit if you use the strut mounts and front springs from a 9-3. Thats just my 2 cents though

No need, a stock 9-3 strut was only $80 off rock auto and theyre pretty easy with returning stuff so it shouldnt be a big deal... if this doesnt work out I have something else in mind that I need to look into...
                          Gotta watch Rock Auto. This is one of four "new" fuel injectors they sent me once. All four were like this:

Comment

its good thing hes only using it as a test fit and sending it back lol
                            v^v^my progression^v^v

sigpic

Comment

I was talking to TH Motorsports the other week and they gave me a price of $550 shipped for all 4 if thats the route you decide to go. Im still up in the air about it cuz you might need the front strut mounts from the 9-3 as well as the front springs, just food for thought
                              What part numbers did you use? And who was your contact? I want to get a quote to get the prices locked in before Koni's sale ends..

Comment

I'm going to see if the local Saab dealer has a junk strut in the scrap pile. Maybe be able to get some useful measurements....

Comment

Working...
                                X