Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware Scammer Manuel Machado (manuelrx7)!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware Scammer Manuel Machado (manuelrx7)!

I never thought I'd ever have to make one of these posts as a retailer, however I dont want to see anyone else go through this BS so here it is.

This story is abbreviated for time, the facts remain the same so bear with me.

Manuel contacted me about doing custom BCM programming for the 09.5 DIC/cluster retrofit which we took on as we've done it before. No questions are asked other than can we do it, so we do it and ship it back. A week or so later we get an email saying hey it doesn't work to which we reply (abbreviated) "Are you sure all the wiring is correct?" to which he replies something to the effect of "oh yeah sure my mechanic did it". We go back and fourth on this a few times until finally I take an hour out of my own time on a weeknight when we aren't even open (and don't charge him for my time) to figure out that he nor his mechanic did their due diligence and moved the wire to the correct location.

At this point he tries to make his negligence my problem to which I explain that per the terms of service and the product he bought we did everything we were supposed to; it's not our job to do your homework basically. He asks for a refund at this point which obviously since we did what we were contracted to do and he didn't do his portion we decline.

So anyhow I continue to do his due diligence and tell him the exact wire, cavity and module the wire needs to be moved to and about a week later he says he's at some random car stereo place (great place to be doing work like this; not!) and its going crazy after they moved the wire; TO THE WRONG LOCATION STILL! So at this point we try to point him in the right direction again asking him to re read the emails as we told him exactly where to move it. He ignores it and doesn't move the wire as instructed and proceeds to ask for a refund again at which point we give up and cut ties.

He then tries to file a Paypal dispute which they of course denied as we have the email chain and our terms of service as evidence THEN he tries to appeal it which gets denied in record time.

NOW he starts email bombing/spamming me to the point I had to block and capture emails from his IP I mean just childish crazy incessant nagging sending threatening emails and paypal money requests etc.

So now he's sending these gems which shows he clearly has no idea how the legal system works:

"I am taking you to small claims court, you need to tell me where to mail your court information to. And you will probably have to come to California to court. Go ahead and keep blocking my emails, I already have BBB, IC3, and my police department involved. I will also be contacting a lawyer today."

So as I already deduced he's a complete moron and has no idea that he cant sue me in small claims since I have no business registered or regular business in California. He's attempted to report me to the BBB who got a huge laugh out of it after I showed them his emails. I'm about one email away from calling my friends at the FBI and having his ass called in for questioning for stalking/harassment at this point.

Just figured I'd get this out there in case he approaches any of you about buying anything from you, its not worth the trouble this kid is psycho.
    Last edited by GTPprix; 04-08-2013, 07:27 PM. Reason: initial reply date was incorrect.
    Chris White
    http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
    2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
    2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
    2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
    2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
    2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Re: Beware Scammer Manuel Machado (manuelrx7)!

You should file a restraining order for harassment. Also depending on what he has said, you could have a case for libel.
    1972 F100
    1978 Twinstar
    1992 Miata
    2014 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
      You should file a restraining order for harassment. Also depending on what he has said, you could have a case for libel.
      Well he hasn't said anything publicly that I know of (other than to the various agencies which so far honestly get a kick out of this level of entitlement) so I couldn't go for Libel. I've got friends that work for various government law enforcement agencies so if he keeps this up his life is going to get difficult especially since I believe he's not even a legal US citizen if my data is correct.
      Chris White

Comment

California you say? hmmm probably some low life tweeker that has nothing better to do then try and get money out of people. one of the reasons I'm ashamed to call myself a Californian

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
        Originally posted by ahuhn
        so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
          California you say? hmmm probably some low life tweeker that has nothing better to do then try and get money out of people. one of the reasons I'm ashamed to call myself a Californian
          LOL!!! I'd like to think not and I know some great people that live there. I really had a hard time posting this I dont think its good for a business to call customers out in any way but the barrage of emails and threats today was enough. I know I'm far from perfect but this crap is unreal!
          Chris White

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix View Post
            LOL!!! I'd like to think not and I know some great people that live there. I really had a hard time posting this I dont think its good for a business to call customers out in any way but the barrage of emails and threats today was enough. I know I'm far from perfect but this crap is unreal!
            I don't think anyone here is going to judge your business qualities here. I for one am more than happy with my tune and hope to do business again with future cars
            http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13376
            v^v^my progression^v^v
            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24215

sigpic

Comment

tune my trans for free or i well sue you!
              Aura xr.
              Mods - Racingline motor mounts - Racingline Strut Bar -racingline motor mounts- Wams 93 tune - trans tune - Megan racing Coilovers - Power Stop Brake Kit - 8000k HID lows - 8000k HID fogs - 15% tint - Jvc indash - Full intake with cold air box - 2.5 inch cat back - Vibrant Resonator - Magnaflow Muffler - Yonaka 3 inch tips - upper and lower Billet Grille - LED turn signals - Full LED interior lights - White eyelids - NRG torque damper -transmission cooler with Stainless Steel lines - helo 225/35ZR20 chrome summer wheels.

https://www.facebook.com/tony.meintel?fref=ts

Comment

Working...
              X