Anti-Spam thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Spam thought

I noticed a few spam posts today and it made me think of a similar issue on another forum I'm one. The Admin there added a simple question, "What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?" to the registration process. He even put a little note telling people that were confused to Google it for the answer. By doing this the amount of spam on the forum was substantially reduced. I was thinking this may reduce the amount of spam we seeing here.
    1972 F100
    1978 Twinstar
    1992 Miata
    2014 Mustang

Re: Anti-Spam thought

we have something to that effect on the registration process

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Yep. We have challenge and response questions asking "What car brand manufactured the G6?" and a few other questions like that. They're the best and only ones that work since bots can now break Google CAPTCHA easily. We also have a module that connects with a SPAM database that prevents known IP's that have been reported to the database for spamming before from registering. Also when I find posts from SPAMbots that get through I remove them and submit them to the same database.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Ok, I guess its been so long since I registered, I forgot about current measures in place.
        1972 F100
        1978 Twinstar
        1992 Miata
        2014 Mustang

Comment

couple more popped up today hawking convers shoes, and headphones and hand bags ones name is mphoeiizt the other one is lnqhkuqin and there popping up in the buy and sell and the sponcer vendors areas

Comment

there popping up alot latley
            http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13376
            v^v^my progression^v^v
            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24215

sigpic

Comment

I just banned, Cleaned & IP banned em....
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

mphoeiizt is up to 3 post and his brother lnqhkuqin is up to 3 and there was one last night usywvkvwwp same posts and same amount of post

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                  I just banned, Cleaned & IP banned em....

Comment

Best bet is to use the IP and email resource that prevents them from registering. This cleared FPs problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                    G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64 View Post
                      Best bet is to use the IP and email resource that prevents them from registering. This cleared FPs problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                      Yea thats what we go going using SPAMOMATIC. Uses spam email and IP database. I think a few managed to sneak past our Human Responce before and are hovering around waiting to post. Once they all make themselves know should be in the clear hopefully. Happened a year or two ago same thing.
                      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                      2005 CGM GTO.
                      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Working...
                      X