Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Next Project Car

Originally posted by chazde3 View Post
    I knew about the car coming of the assembly line as a red on red convertible based on the trim plate. I thought this was funny because the car as early as I have pictures from was metallic green and gold, which you can see on the trim tag, with tan interior. That was back in '72 when my dad was racing her. Looks like she had a major overhaul as a youngster lol. That major of a change makes me wonder if it was in a wreck and dad rebuilt her. I suppose I will see if it has a salvage title when my mom signs it over to me. But then again did they do salvage titles in the early '70s?
    Well that explains the green fender!

Originally posted by chazde3 View Post
    Man you are doing a lot of my leg work lol. I figured something was up with the yellow hood since I had never seen that one before. I have some more digging to do. It looks like the drag car body was probably an ecklers body kit components since the front looks pieced together. The hood for all I know could be the real deal. I will have to check it out more.
    I'm no expert, but all the Ecklers kits I've seen have triple tail lights, where your's is dual like the Greenwood.

Comment

Well from what I could see the back fenders on the greenwoods are cut out. I would say the back clip on my car is the ecklers body kit piece on the photo below. Which probably means that the front fenders are from ecklers as well. Either way they don't make these pieces anymore and the molds were destroyed so they may have some nice value. Some more time and research on my part will tell.

2005 G6 GT
      My Progression Thread

Current Mods: Debadged, Arrow badges blacked out, Chrome grill surrounds blacked out, Grand Am LED 3rd brake light mod, Black Eagle Eye projectors, Black recessed lower grills, Red LED underdash/seat lighting, Redline Tuning Elite hood struts, Racingline STB, CRABS Option 3, 6k DDM Tuning HID lows, Color match interior trim

Mods on the way: 6k DDM Tuning HID fogs

Future Plans: Plastidip stock GT rims, Painted engine cover

Comment

Well whadda ya know... it is an Ecklers kit! I have to agree with you that being a vintage kit, it should bring you some $$ towards your restoration.

Comment

In case you didn't watch the Dallas Mecum auction yesterday, a 1969 L88 Corvette was bid to $430K but did not meet reserve, and a 1967 L88 Vette sold for $3.2M!

You may now commence the happy dance...

Comment

Yeah lol but those are the old numbers matching l88s. I can pretty much verify my dad dropped a crate l88 engine into her. Still a $10000 engine once rebuilt. Also those brand new l88 heads would look real good on the block. L
            2005 G6 GT
            My Progression Thread

Current Mods: Debadged, Arrow badges blacked out, Chrome grill surrounds blacked out, Grand Am LED 3rd brake light mod, Black Eagle Eye projectors, Black recessed lower grills, Red LED underdash/seat lighting, Redline Tuning Elite hood struts, Racingline STB, CRABS Option 3, 6k DDM Tuning HID lows, Color match interior trim

Mods on the way: 6k DDM Tuning HID fogs

Future Plans: Plastidip stock GT rims, Painted engine cover

Comment

Working...
            X