This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dyno yesterday on my gxp

I think the tune will help a lot and ho numbers are good but what you so on the strip is better cause I got the headers and a slight tune just to make sure its running good and I'm putting about the same numbers as you but switch the TQ/ HP numbers

Comment

What kind TQ you running and I think I had mine done on a mustang dyno as well
      Crabs intake with FPU upgrade airaid throttle body spacer cherry bomb Exaust ctrusa halo lights and hid 4300k fog lights hid 4300k gxp logo on windshield soon to be versente 208 chrome rims racing line strut bar and R1 concept crossed drilled and slotted rotors and scorched premium ceramic brake pads iridium plugs

Comment

225 HP220 TQ. but that's with the headers and mace insulator so just go get a dyno tune for 93 octang and see what you get cause that's what I'm gonna do when I get back to TEXAS

Comment

K what brand of headers did you get how much did they cost you and also are you still running cats right under the headers and also WTF is under the car in the middle and can I take it out without causing any problems more crap just restricting the flow of the Exaust lol
          Crabs intake with FPU upgrade airaid throttle body spacer cherry bomb Exaust ctrusa halo lights and hid 4300k fog lights hid 4300k gxp logo on windshield soon to be versente 208 chrome rims racing line strut bar and R1 concept crossed drilled and slotted rotors and scorched premium ceramic brake pads iridium plugs

Comment

The big thing in the middle of the exhaust is the resonator and ya it's safe to cut off its basically a big muffler.
            Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

Cool thanx bud. Is the resonator used to quiet the car down or is it used for emissions

Comment

To quite the exhaust noise.
                Mods:Wams lx9 tune, gtp rear valance, custom Flowtech catback, volant cai and box, raceline stb, CM lowering springs, pioneer touch screen stereo, black vinyle arrow head overlays, Pontiac rear window decal and finally g6performance decals.

Not much left without dumping a few grand so I guess ill be redoing the stock sound system with polk audio everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Joejeep72 View Post
                  K what brand of headers did you get how much did they cost you and also are you still running cats right under the headers and also WTF is under the car in the middle and can I take it out without causing any problems more crap just restricting the flow of the Exaust lol
                  well the only brand that runs on the 3.6 is the MMS headers and there exspensive but worth it and yes i still have the cats
                  and if you do get the headers get a tune right away

Comment

K thanx buddy

Comment

So I was talking to the owner of race line and he was saying that when you do tunes that apparently cause the cats are so close to the Exaust manifolds that the amount of fuel being dumped into the cats it could start melting the honeycombs in the cat and end up in the engine but he said he only heard about the altimas but you might just be careful lol

Comment

So I was talking to the owner of race line and he was saying that when you do tunes that apparently cause the cats are so close to the Exaust manifolds that the amount of fuel being dumped into the cats it could start melting the honeycombs in the cat and end up in the engine but he said he only heard about the altimas but you might just be careful lol
                        That actually makes no sense.
                        1972 F100
                        1978 Twinstar
                        1992 Miata
                        2014 Mustang

Comment

So that only happens on altimas?
                          Cause that's what a tune is suppose to fix

Comment

Ummmm??? If you are dumping fuel into your exhaust you have something wrong. Its not possible for anything from the cats to get into your engine. Its physicly impossible...

A tune just changes engine perameters to gain power. Not dump fuel into your cats. LoL... A good tune wont hurt your car.
                            2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
                            Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

Yes only the altimas I'm just relating the message that's all and realistically the 3.6 vvt cats are right under the Exaust manifolds they apperantly did this to heat up the cats faster for emissions

Comment

Yes only the altimas I'm just relating the message that's all and realistically the 3.6 vvt cats are right under the Exaust manifolds they apperantly did this to heat up the cats faster for emissions
                                Who said it doesn't make it any less wrong.
                                1972 F100
                                1978 Twinstar
                                1992 Miata
                                2014 Mustang

Comment

Working...
                                X