No announcement yet.

Swapping out the 3.5 in my G6 using the 3.9 engine and trans from a 2007 impala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping out the 3.5 in my G6 using the 3.9 engine and trans from a 2007 impala

Hey y'all, couple questions here. I have scoured this entire site and have spent a few days searching the web I can't turn up much on this particular swap.

Ok here is what I am working with..

2008 G6 sedan with the 3.5 the torque converter is going out.

Recently, I had friend give me there totaled 2007 Chevy Impala LT 3.9 STRONG ENGINE AND TRANS. ( Car was hit in the rear passenger )

From what I can tell is that swap seems pretty straight forward. BUT!!! I would prefer to have all my ducks in a row.

So I come to you guys seeking some knowledgeable insight.

Questions?!

1. Are the front cradles interchangable from the Impala to the G6? As this could be a major time saver on the swap.

Looking at both vehicles, the front cradles seem to VERY similar to each other, if not the same. ( Please note this is just from viewing it from the bottom. )

2. If they aren't the same, will the 3.9 engine and trans mount on the cradle of the G6?

3. Will I be able to use the original shift cables from my G6? Or will I have to use the Impalas? As both vehicles are 4 speed.

4. Mounts, hardware, braking and suspension components.. ? The brakes appear larger on the Impala, I am trying to do this as cost effective as possible. How much of the listed above can switch over? ( This would be it the Impala front cradle won't fit )

5. WIRING, AND COMPUTER TRANSFER???? What can I switch over? Better yet

Please note, this is a complete car ( Impala )
    I am not looking to make this a racecar, it just seems more cost effective to me doing this swap as the Impala was free, and I love my G6. And if I can do this swap at just the price of new motor and trans mounts I am doing pretty good ( knock on wood )

******* ADMIN IF I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG AREA I APOLOGIZE!!
    Last edited by Guest; 11-27-2019, 07:56 PM.
Working...
X