Fusion sport runs a 14.2 @ 98 MPH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion sport runs a 14.2 @ 98 MPH

This is what I have to look forward to. He ran a 14.60 bone stock. The 14.20 was just a intake and tune. We have labeled his car a factory freak though. Most guys have only managed a 14.50 on light mods.

You have to listen for the time though.

Last edited by LB2; 12-21-2012, 11:49 PM.
    2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
    Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Re: Fusion sport runs a 14.2 @ 98 MPH

You know i remember reading in a book by Smokey Yunick that factory cars could be anywhere within a 20-30% margin different in horsepower. However that was back in the days of poorer manufacturing standards, i. e. heads not seated properly over cylinders, wrong jetting in carbs and cams not being the proper advertised specs. I would have thought by now that factory engines would all be the same.

Comment

wheres the time slip?

Comment

He actually managed a 14.1. I will have to look that slip up.

2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
        Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

That was another time slip. I couldnt find the one for the video. I will have to search the forums...
          2012 AWD Fusion Sport...

Comment

i bet he could get quite a bit more out of that with a real good trans tuneas your car shares the same trans as my gxp as far as i know being it was codeveloped by GM and ford....... and you can get close to a full second pickup in tract time with a REALL good trans tune

im down to a 14.00 on my red GXP with just a good engine and trans tune with EFI live and an intake

Comment

^^^The Fusion Sport has a Aisin transmission.^^^
              2012 AWD Fusion Sport...

Comment

There is no trans tune available as of right now. Tuning companies having a hard time getting into the computer to tune it. Not sure why right now.
                2012 AWD Fusion Sport...

Comment

Thats pretty respectible numbers. A 14.5 is what I would also think off a tune and intake but could be a custom agressive tune. As the fusion I would imagine mirror the responses by a G6 as the wieght ratio and HP numbers are close for a g6 gxp vs fusion sport comparision.
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Everyone is running Steedas tune with the SCT tuner for the most part. It has proven to be a good tune and you get 3 tunes on the tuner. I will have mine in january along with some other goodies. I would love to come hang with you guys on a track day though. Maybe I can get a bunch of fusion guys to come out. It would be sweet to have a G6 VS Fusion track day.

HMMMM... I may work on that actually. We are trying to set up a track day for the spring...
                    2012 AWD Fusion Sport...

Comment

Yes Steeda overall is the best ford aftermarket company. Ford Racing when they build a race car and need aftermarket parts they go to Steeda.
                      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                      Gotta have it Green color
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack
                      GT500 track pack differential cover
                      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

The Fusion in the video is running the steeda tune as well. Bone stock and with only 5,000 miles on my car i ran 15.05 on a warm day. I have/will have a lot more done next track day and will be broken in. Im crossing my fingers for a 14.4 or 14.5 and a 1.8 60 ft...
                        2012 AWD Fusion Sport...

Comment

keep in mind also my car with me in it is over 3900 pounds. REALLY REALLY heavy...
                          2012 AWD Fusion Sport...

Comment

which fusion gets the 6spd auto like the GXP then? i dont know who actually makes those trans but they are the same in GM and ford but they call them a diff name between the two companies........aisin made the 6spd manual in the carmaro of which my red GXP will be getting put in.......

Comment

Every sport model gets the 3.5 with the 6 spd auto with select shift and the Aisin trans. FWD and AWD...
                              2012 AWD Fusion Sport...

Comment

Working...
                              X