Formula 1 race in Austin - Pictures/videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 1 race in Austin - Pictures/videos

I thought this was the most appropriate place for this but if it is not please feel free to move it. I was lucky enough to win a trip down to see the races from the Ferrari clubhouse which you can see was inside the track above the pits. Was an amazing time although I know now how much I do not belong with princes, sultons, and the euro elite lol. I had a conversation with a guy that turned out to be the CEO of a computer memory company. The guy has a leer jet and just flys around to F1 and MotoGP I think its called races. What a hard life!

I will put my favorite video first. I saw the guys directly below me setting up for a pit stop and grabbed my camera in just enough time to see the car drive up get fuel and tires then race off. Even if you are not into racing this is impressive to see.

This is just before the start where the drivers peel out one by one as they get in line.

Ferrari's racing on the track before the actual racing. Thought they were pretty cool.

This is from the inside of the track next to the pits looking up at turn one.

Some of my favorites..

Horrible picture but what a beautiful car...

And another horrible picture beautiful car lol
    Last edited by justeric78; 11-19-2012, 09:47 PM.
    2008 G6 GXP 3.6L Coupe - Street Edition - Black

Mods: All the usual suspects

Progression Thread

Re: Formula 1 race in Austin - Pictures/videos

Very nice . Now to go watch Driven.....
    Additions:
    Crabs FPU w/03 | Black Altezza Taillights | White LED Conversion (Maps, Dome, Trunk and License)
    Black Eagle Eye Headlights | DDM 55W 10k Highs H1 and 10k Lows H7 HIDs
    Personal License Plate [DEFY] | Blacked-out Pontiac Arrows | High Offset Black & Chrome MKW Rims
    Cooper Tires: Zeon RS3-A 235/40 | Bosch Premium Oil Filter | Mobil 1 Oil | WEAREVER GOLD Ceramic Brake Pads

Progression Thread: [Quick Link]
    sigpic

Comment

Well now, lucky you!

I watched the race on TV,
      sigh... but enjoyed all the action the wide track provided.
      Current Mods
      245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
      Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Awesome, that's all. I so want to see a Formula 1 race in person so bad. Glad to see it's back in America. I don't have cable so I had to watch the race via streamline. It was such a pain finding one of those sites that shows the event without having to download some useless program or doing a dumb survey. Such a great privilege to be so close to the action. I'm jealous...
        Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera wheels (black), Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), DDM 6000K HID low headlights, Notto SE 10000K HID fog lights, LED taillights, Koni shock absorbers and front struts, Racingline strut tower bar and grounding kit, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, MPD ram air hood (body color), upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber), Remin carbon fiber dash kit, WAMS ECM 91 Octane Tune, Borla pro xs dual muffler exhaust with vibrant resonator
        Roku's progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...36&pagenumber=

Comment

If you start planning now for next year you may be able to get in. They confirmed an Austin race already. It was so much fun. Great way to attend my first F1 race.
          2008 G6 GXP 3.6L Coupe - Street Edition - Black

Mods: All the usual suspects

Progression Thread

Comment

Working...
          X