Failed Dynocom pull - 08 gxp coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Dynocom pull - 08 gxp coupe

So I found the only dyno in the entire county where I live. I was excited as I did not think there were any. I pulled up and the strapped me down and i noticed dynocom on roller. He said it is between a mustang and dynojet for how touchy it is. Anyway, they hooked their computer up and began to try and connect them. I noticed them going to 5th gear over and over. After about 30 minutes he called me over and I noticed my dash lit up with codes. He said my computer and his were not talking and making each other freak out. He said my transmission was too smart and it had a problem being on the one continuous roller. he gave more specifics that just went over my head. Bottom line is he could not dyno it and said the maxima has the same problem of just being too smart.

I have noticed there are a few videos of people getting their 3.6 gxp dynod so I am trying to figure out what the problem is. He said he would contact dynocom and see if there was a setting to resolve the problem and to contact him in a few weeks. Just checking here to see if anyone knows anything about this.
    2008 G6 GXP 3.6L Coupe - Street Edition - Black

Mods: All the usual suspects

Progression Thread

Re: Failed Dynocom pull - 08 gxp coupe

Originally posted by justeric78 View Post
    So I found the only dyno in the entire county where I live. I was excited as I did not think there were any. I pulled up and the strapped me down and i noticed dynocom on roller. He said it is between a mustang and dynojet for how touchy it is. Anyway, they hooked their computer up and began to try and connect them. I noticed them going to 5th gear over and over. After about 30 minutes he called me over and I noticed my dash lit up with codes. He said my computer and his were not talking and making each other freak out. He said my transmission was too smart and it had a problem being on the one continuous roller. he gave more specifics that just went over my head. Bottom line is he could not dyno it and said the maxima has the same problem of just being too smart.

I have noticed there are a few videos of people getting their 3.6 gxp dynod so I am trying to figure out what the problem is. He said he would contact dynocom and see if there was a setting to resolve the problem and to contact him in a few weeks. Just checking here to see if anyone knows anything about this.
    .... perhaps it realized you were a nerd and it was afraid you would compile a virus to destroy it.....

I find computers normally work when I enter a room and it leaves my user scratching there heads and once I leave they all go to hell..... I think this is why it didn't work.
    Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Sounds like he was trying to tune ...?
      On my G6 they just plugged into the bung on the downpipe
      when I got mine dynoed. they didn't attempt to tune as they didn't know how.
      Few do.
      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
        Sounds like he was trying to tune ...?
        On my G6 they just plugged into the bung on the downpipe
        when I got mine dynoed. they didn't attempt to tune as they didn't know how.
        Few do.
        I concur with you 100% Lampoon ... it was merely a IT joke, Eric would understand what I meant. Every IT professional does when it comes to computers.
        Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Working...
        X