Design Ideas for Shirts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Ideas for Shirts.

Thinking of putting together designs for G6P Shirts. Post Ideas here.

Hoodies, T-Shirts, Long sleeve Shirts. If we can wear it why not try to print on it?

Some of the ladies might like some pink shirts?

Some ideas so far...

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
    I'm thinking of designing and printing up some shirts myself. I'll probably make a bunch in different colors and sizes and then offer a sale. Provided it doesn't infringe on any forum rules...

Also this wouldn't be until like... next year
    Originally posted by Eycman View Post
    Let me know when you plan on doing this. If your cool with help I'd be more than willing to help out. I have seen a few different types of software out there that can help design different types of shirts.

I noticed that several people asked about having their names put on the shirts as well. Possibly an option next go round????
    Originally posted by justeric78 View Post
    I would definitely be interested if you guys do it, a hoodie would be cool too. like a tire track going up at an angle on the front and the decal being made in the other thread in the back (with a coupe haha). that sounds pretty cool!
    Why is Divorce so expensive? Because the Hitman won't take Plastic.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Re: Design Ideas for Shirts.

I like the idea of tread marks up the front to the back of the shirt where you see a G6.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

So I was thinking of using a different method, instead of printing directly onto the shirts... I was looking at this special vinyl. It's available in a WIDE selection of colors and shades, with flat or reflective finishes and more. I can get any design or pattern cut out and then simply press it onto the shirt. My friend has some shirts like this and they hold up very well. He was telling me that in the event it starts to lip up or something, you can just take an iron to it and stick it back down.

I feel this idea opens up a lot of possibilities and can shorten the time between ordering and actually making it. And because there isn't one set design that all the shirts have to adhere to we can easily add user's forum names, or outlines of their specific G6 even.

There's a lot of possibilities. I'm open to ideas and lets see if we can get something cool! What do you guys think?

Comment

I digg!!! i really want some hoodies though!

Comment

Originally posted by Eycman View Post
          Thinking of putting together designs for G6P Shirts. Post Ideas here.

Hoodies, T-Shirts, Long sleeve Shirts. If we can wear it why not try to print on it?
          Mine keeps getting jammed up in the paper tray....
          WAMS 91 tune,
          Racingline MMI's
          Chrome Intakes CAI (custom true ram air to come)
          35% side tint, 20% rear, 5% strip
          Debadged except GXP emblems
          Tinted tails
          Spyder tinted lights (complete rebuild + 4 projectors in design stage)
          DDM 5k HID Low's
          Polk 5000.5 amp, 12" Polk DXI sub, Pioneer 4way 6x9's. (complete system replacement soon)

Comment

^ Try setting the print settings for A2 size paper

Comment

Originally posted by Rcb2875 View Post
              Stop buying HP...
              2008 G6 GXP 3.6L Coupe - Street Edition - Black

Mods: All the usual suspects

Progression Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post
                I like the idea of tread marks up the front to the back of the shirt where you see a G6.
                When your say "up the front to the back of the shirt" are you meaning for the tread marks go up over the shoulder? If so I think that would awesome.

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
                So I was thinking of using a different method, instead of printing directly onto the shirts... I was looking at this special vinyl. It's available in a WIDE selection of colors and shades, with flat or reflective finishes and more. I can get any design or pattern cut out and then simply press it onto the shirt. My friend has some shirts like this and they hold up very well. He was telling me that in the event it starts to lip up or something, you can just take an iron to it and stick it back down.

I feel this idea opens up a lot of possibilities and can shorten the time between ordering and actually making it. And because there isn't one set design that all the shirts have to adhere to we can easily add user's forum names, or outlines of their specific G6 even.

There's a lot of possibilities. I'm open to ideas and lets see if we can get something cool! What do you guys think?
                I agree with you on this Idea. I didn't see a link for the vinyl you referenced though. I would like to find out more about this vinyl maybe it has been used on hoodies before.

Also if this option works then maybe we can just create the designs and order them and mail them out to those who want them with the modifications they are looking for and they can then add them to whatever type shirt they are wanting. This would eliminate the issue with getting the wrong size shirts after order.

Originally posted by Rcb2875 View Post
                Maybe you should ask Erik about that issue with your "paper jam".

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

My thought was that the treat would start at the bottom right with skid marks and go to the top left or vice versa. Maybe start at the midway seam and end at the midway seam on each side.

Progression Thread

Comment

I have a bunch of dead time at work so I started playing around in Paint.

Here's what I threw together. What do you guys think?

G6 Drawing credit goes to The Intimidator at www.deviantart.com I am not sure if The Intimidator is a member here or not. Thanks goes out to them though.

To me there seems to be a bunch of dead space on the front so I was thinking we could throw this in the chest area...

G6PERFORMANCE.COM
                    Forum Username

OPINIONS!?!?!?!?

Eric I just now saw your skid mark idea.

With me having a ton of dead time at work I will try my best to create visuals of all Ideas we come up with. If I create something incorrectly feel free to yell at me and tell me to change it. LOL
                    Last edited by Eycman; 11-05-2012, 04:47 AM.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Your right about the dead space and I think your idea with the site on the front is awesome to fill it in. I would though stop the tire track at the shoulder instead of carrying it over to the back, I think it looks out of place. Alos that G6 has to many doors *cough*

Good job btw, man I wish I had graphic design skills, even just basic. I am so not creative at all.
                      Last edited by justeric78; 11-05-2012, 07:45 AM.

Progression Thread

Comment

I have someone who could probably print these out btw too. The tiretread seems to throw me off from that.. I want me a hoodie lol

Comment

i am excited for this!!! i hope everything goes better than the last shirt buy..lol
                          anyway in reply to the idea picture posted above i like the idea but i am kinda bias cause i have 4 doors. however, i think in that drawing the car should be on the fron instead of the back and it would look more fitting that way, imho. but either way looking forward to more ideas and color choices, cant wait to see what you boys come up with a great job on getting this started!
                          g6 gtp with a 3.6l vvt...tinted all the way around, custom upper/lower grill inserts, 8000k hid low beams, 10000k hid fogs, red brake calipers, custom engine cover silver flame stripes and icon outlines, led interior dome and map lights, red neon lights under dash and back seats, audiobahn 10" powered sub, crabs, racingline stb, grounding kit, mmi's, 91 wams tune, silver eyelids, resonator delete and magnaflow muffler with magnaflow tips, gtp windshield banner, larger custom made g6 performance decal on back window and custom front lip

Comment

Originally posted by justeric78 View Post
                            Your right about the dead space and I think your idea with the site on the front is awesome to fill it in. I would though stop the tire track at the shoulder instead of carrying it over to the back, I think it looks out of place. Alos that G6 has to many doors *cough*

Good job btw, man I wish I had graphic design skills, even just basic. I am so not creative at all.
                            I was thinking that we can come up with several different designs and then once we have about 5 or so designs we will start a poll. Once we narrow down the shirts to a final pick we can use the poll results to go in order of which designs get printed first. If new ideas come up then we can just redo the poll and go from there.

Originally posted by monstORR View Post
                            I have someone who could probably print these out btw too. The tiretread seems to throw me off from that.. I want me a hoodie lol
                            GREAT!!!

I unfortunately didn't get in on the most recent group buy but from what I have read it "appears" that the whole process was put onto only one member to make it happen. Is there any way that you can have someone you can trust on your end that can help you with taking the names and shirt sizes and keeping on top of the whole process in case you get sick or hurt?

Do you have someone that can pick up where you can't or to be a redundant go to person in order to make sure the orders are completed and all members are still happy and have an good experience with buying shirts?

BTW.....I pretty much live in Hoodies during the winter so to me they are a must have option on the order form. so I will be doing my best to make sure how ever the members vote on doing this there will be an option to have hoodies made as well.

NOW as for the Designs....

justeric78.....the Tread you stated that you thought it should stop at the shoulder seem before it goes over the back. Are you meaning something like this?

I am also looking for a coupe and convertible version like I have of the sedan. I might end up having to draw them out. I'll try to start on that tonight.

Please any more suggestions feel free. I have a ton of free time and I like messing around with this so I'm actually enjoying myself for once.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Originally posted by crownee View Post
                              i am excited for this!!! i hope everything goes better than the last shirt buy..lol
                              anyway in reply to the idea picture posted above i like the idea but i am kinda bias cause i have 4 doors. however, i think in that drawing the car should be on the fron instead of the back and it would look more fitting that way, imho. but either way looking forward to more ideas and color choices, cant wait to see what you boys come up with a great job on getting this started!
                              just need a little bit of clarification for your idea. I was trying to visualize it but I need a little bit more help so I can try to put it down on a design.

Are you talking about adding the car to the front like this?

I was also thinking that maybe we can find a few good pictures from one of the G6 meets with a bunch of the 6s together maybe I can draw it out on a design for the back of a shirt. the bunch of 6s would replace the single 6 on the back of the current designs. ????
                              Last edited by Eycman; 11-05-2012, 10:54 PM.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Working...
                              X