Design Ideas for Shirts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Design Ideas for Shirts.

i am going to say for sure that i like the original idea for the hoodie. i like the arrow head and g6p on either side of the chest like it shows. if its not too hard, i think people that want their name on it should just pay a little extra for that option and then not everyone has to have their name on it. i know i personally dont want my name on it.
    g6 gtp with a 3.6l vvt...tinted all the way around, custom upper/lower grill inserts, 8000k hid low beams, 10000k hid fogs, red brake calipers, custom engine cover silver flame stripes and icon outlines, led interior dome and map lights, red neon lights under dash and back seats, audiobahn 10" powered sub, crabs, racingline stb, grounding kit, mmi's, 91 wams tune, silver eyelids, resonator delete and magnaflow muffler with magnaflow tips, gtp windshield banner, larger custom made g6 performance decal on back window and custom front lip

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
      So I like the idea of our name on the front by the G6Performance.com...

DO you think it would look better if it just said G6P on the front with our name and the arrowhead, and on the back have the outline and the entire URL as well as a larger font version of our name as well...

And lampoon, I like the idea you've got going on. But It ends up with a topside view of the car. I was wondering if there's a way to tweak that a bit and make it look like the G6 is skidding on the back... but I can't figure out how I would get the tread to work out...

Maybe have it wrap around the side?

I'm getting ready to draw up a few more templates and ideas, I just want to include what everyone has mentioned!
      I like your Idea of having the arrowhead on one side and G6P with name option on the other side.
      Why is Divorce so expensive? Because the Hitman won't take Plastic.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Alright then. For the hoodie how does this sound. The front will have the arrowhead over your right peck area and the G6P url on the other side. You have the option of personalization, IE username, real name, nick name, whatever you want. I'm thinking it would say your selection above the G6P line.

The back of the hoodie will have the centered arrowhead with an outline of a G6 below it, as another option we can do one for Coupes and one for Sedans, different bumper styles even so it's more personal. Then below that a full sized G6P.com line

I'm planning on ordering a few small pieces of vinyl and some blank shirts this weekend. I want to make a couple of test shirts to see how it is to work with that vinyl and how well it can last. I'll take some pics and show how they turn out.

Also with that above plan for the hoodie... what do you think of doing pretty much the same thing to the regular t-shirts?

Comment

Alright then. For the hoodie how does this sound. The front will have the arrowhead over your right peck area and the G6P url on the other side. You have the option of personalization, IE username, real name, nick name, whatever you want. I'm thinking it would say your selection above the G6P line.

The back of the hoodie will have the centered arrowhead with an outline of a G6 below it, as another option we can do one for Coupes and one for Sedans, different bumper styles even so it's more personal. Then below that a full sized G6P.com line

I'm planning on ordering a few small pieces of vinyl and some blank shirts this weekend. I want to make a couple of test shirts to see how it is to work with that vinyl and how well it can last. I'll take some pics and show how they turn out.

Also with that above plan for the hoodie... what do you think of doing pretty much the same thing to the regular t-shirts?
          I love this Idea.

If you want to make a pull over hoodie with a sedan GXP Street Edition on the back I'll be more than willing to pay you for it and test out the vinyl on it. I am sure that I don't do anymore running around during the day than anyone else but I am willing to help test the shirts durability.

Just let me know what you think. having a few people test the shirts out in different states should give us a better idea how the vinyl will hold up to different climates.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Sounds doable. I was researching the vinyl and it comes in
            Standard
            Glitter
            Metallic
            Reflective
            Flock - Like a soft felt coating
            Designer - like zebra print and such

and I think I'm missing some... but they say they're supposed to be extremely durable and lasting. I intend to pay a little extra for the better quality vinyl, so it should adhere to the fabric without any problems.

I'll try and scrounge up some more templates when I get home tonight

Comment

Sounds doable. I was researching the vinyl and it comes in
              Standard
              Glitter
              Metallic
              Reflective
              Flock - Like a soft felt coating
              Designer - like zebra print and such

and I think I'm missing some... but they say they're supposed to be extremely durable and lasting. I intend to pay a little extra for the better quality vinyl, so it should adhere to the fabric without any problems.

I'll try and scrounge up some more templates when I get home tonight

Sounds good to me. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

EDIT: I was playing around with some of the designs the other day and my daughter saw them and she freaked out. She started jumping up and down saying

"Daddy! Daddy! Look that's my car on that shirt! I want one! I want one!"

So now as soon as we can get the chance to print some would anyone have any issues with me getting one ordered to testing purposes for my daughter? She's been talking about it none stop since she saw it. At first her brothers thought she was just imagining it until I showed them what she was talking about.

Needless to say I will probably be ordering a bunch for the kids and their friends.
              Last edited by Eycman; 11-09-2012, 02:20 AM.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

I have made skidmarks on a shirt before...it was an extra long shirt and I ate a lot of taco bell....
                sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                  I have made skidmarks on a shirt before...it was an extra long shirt and I ate a lot of taco bell....
                  Current Mods
                  245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
                  Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Love the hoodie ideas! and i love the fact that it is zip up!
                    g6 gtp with a 3.6l vvt...tinted all the way around, custom upper/lower grill inserts, 8000k hid low beams, 10000k hid fogs, red brake calipers, custom engine cover silver flame stripes and icon outlines, led interior dome and map lights, red neon lights under dash and back seats, audiobahn 10" powered sub, crabs, racingline stb, grounding kit, mmi's, 91 wams tune, silver eyelids, resonator delete and magnaflow muffler with magnaflow tips, gtp windshield banner, larger custom made g6 performance decal on back window and custom front lip

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP View Post
                      Uh yeah you can keep those skid marks. I think I'll stick with the ones that come from road tires.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Originally posted by Eycman View Post
                        Sounds good to me. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

EDIT: I was playing around with some of the designs the other day and my daughter saw them and she freaked out. She started jumping up and down saying

"Daddy! Daddy! Look that's my car on that shirt! I want one! I want one!"

So now as soon as we can get the chance to print some would anyone have any issues with me getting one ordered to testing purposes for my daughter? She's been talking about it none stop since she saw it. At first her brothers thought she was just imagining it until I showed them what she was talking about.

Needless to say I will probably be ordering a bunch for the kids and their friends.
                        Oh we can probably pull something together.

I was talking to a buddy and came up with some other good ideas. I need to spend some time on it... but I'll get some patterns and ideas out. I'm sure some awesomeness will happen.

Comment

Oh we can probably pull something together.

I was talking to a buddy and came up with some other good ideas. I need to spend some time on it... but I'll get some patterns and ideas out. I'm sure some awesomeness will happen.

Any Updates?

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Due to an unexpected expense the funds for test materials is gone. And my buddy says the traced out G6 is very detailed for the plotter to cut and could wear off the shirt faster, If the lines were thicker it could last longer but it would look bad. So my buddy came up with an idea to have the front view on the front, and just have the lights and grills traced out, since we all know the look. And on the back do just an outline of the G6, like a side view.

But then I found a different product that transfers better to shirts and could very well allow me to do the fully traced out G6. I'm hoping to finally get some test materials in by the end of next week and give it a shot. I also found another source for screening shirts, so if it comes down to it I can just have it produced there and it'll look damn good.

But I'm really hoping this heat transfer stuff works out, I'm excited to see how it is to work with and what kind of shirts and other clothing I can produce.
                            Last edited by CruisinG6; 11-15-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the brain fart on this thread.

CruisinG6 how the new idea coming along with the shirts? Let me know if you need anything. Which designs did you say you where going to have printed up?

Let me know if you need help with funds to get this up and running like Forrest Gump.

Alright then. For the hoodie how does this sound. For the hoodie how does this sound. The front will have the arrowhead over your right peck area and the G6P url on the other side. You have the option of personalization, IE username, real name, nick name, whatever you want. I'm thinking it would say your selection above the G6P line.

I really like the idea of going with the option of the coupe or sedan with different bumper styles. Will this still be an option? I am not meaning to bug you about it.

Just curious is all.

Yeah..I know I know...Curiosity Killed The Cat....

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Thanks for the offer to help, I do appreciate it! I'm waiting for funds to clear right now, damn live checks. So on Monday I plan to order some materials and see where this takes us. I'll make a couple of shirts and take some pics to show how it's all coming along.

I'm hoping with the transfer paper I found that the intricate line design of the G6 will still work. Different styles and all. I like the stuff I found because it isn't like regular old iron on transfer paper, It requires very high temperature and high pressure to adhere, After it's on the shirt I plan to press it with a silicone sheet, which is supposed to increase durability and wash ability. Frankly I'm pretty excited about it.

After I make a couple of test shirts, I'm thinking I can offer some as a test batch to some people. I really want to see how well these things handle everyday wear and tear.

I'm also thinking of using that transfer paper along with the vinyl so we can get different colors in and patterns. Also with the vinyl I can press it onto any color shirts.

I'm thinking of drawing up some more templates, Some with the G6 outline, Some a little more simple, so we can get a wide array of colors, from the shirts/hoodies or from the vinyl.

Plus I feel offering a lot of options can really let people choose what they want.

I've also been trying different ways of tracing the G6 and such, Here's mine for example:

(I traced this from the first pic in my sig)

I think I need to add some more detail in the lower grill and it should be pretty good.
                                Keep in mind I don't plan to use this design on the shirts, because well, it's not like other G6's....
                                Last edited by CruisinG6; 11-24-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X