Murdered a GXP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murdered a GXP!

Black 2 door GXP with a hammer head. Just outside of town.

He went around a corner and punched it. I was 5-6 car lengths behind at the time, just coming off the stop sign. So I punched it and was on his ass before he hit 60, but couldn't pass do to traffic. He hit it off the next sign, and I rode his ass the whole way until my turn I never got above half throttle on this run, since I wasn't playing catch up.

Over 300K on her and my baby still runs strong. I was shocked the trans didn't slip on either pull. I guess the Lucas stop slip I dumped in earlier today helped.
    1972 F100
    1978 Twinstar
    1992 Miata
    2014 Mustang

Re: Murdered a GXP!

I wouldn't call it murder. Haha. More like trying to keep up. No offense.
    Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe that the sedans are lighter weight than the coupes as well. I have noticed that my GXP Sedan has better take off and go than the GXP Coupes that are around where I live.
      Why is Divorce so expensive? Because the Hitman won't take Plastic.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Come race me then ha
        sigpic

**08 GXP Progression**

Comment

well, sounds cool but honestly that guy either did not know what the hell he was doing or was not trying very hard. there should be no way the 2.4l can keep up with the gxp without some heavy mods including a sc/turbo. My brother has a cobalt ss/sc and thinks we would be neck and neck and he is 200 to the wheels. in either case though i bet it made ya feel good You do realize though that this would make all the gxp owners post lol. For the record though my car is ridiculously heavy at about 4400 lbs. That is a gxp coupe street edition.
          2008 G6 GXP 3.6L Coupe - Street Edition - Black

Mods: All the usual suspects

Progression Thread

Comment

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by justeric78 View Post
              well, sounds cool but honestly that guy either did not know what the hell he was doing or was not trying very hard. there should be no way the 2.4l can keep up with the gxp without some heavy mods including a sc/turbo. My brother has a cobalt ss/sc and thinks we would be neck and neck and he is 200 to the wheels. in either case though i bet it made ya feel good You do realize though that this would make all the gxp owners post lol. For the record though my car is ridiculously heavy at about 4400 lbs. That is a gxp coupe street edition.
              Sorry I should have clarified. I was in my baby not my G6. She's a 1972 Ford F100 with a 390 big block. That's the first time I ran another G6 not being in my own. As for anyone else that wants to run. I rarely say no, but no way in hell am I burning $200 in gas to prove a point.

As for sedan vs coupe. I have heard the sedan is a little lighter as well, but a couple hundred pounds wouldn't have mattered in this case.

Cade- I told you we needed to have a truck meet sometime.
              1972 F100
              1978 Twinstar
              1992 Miata
              2014 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by JJT*90 View Post
                She's a 1972 Ford F100 with a 390 big block.
                you sure showed THAT GXP!!

I'm down for some V8 madness ANYTIME

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
                  you sure showed THAT GXP!!

I'm down for some V8 madness ANYTIME
                  I should add all my vehicles to my sig. And maybe update the G6 in there while I'm at it. Project for another day. I still need to figure out what is broken or bent in my rear end. My driver's side rear toe is off.
                  1972 F100
                  1978 Twinstar
                  1992 Miata
                  2014 Mustang

Comment

This. Wasn't really trying. Plus playing around in traffic doesn't sound safe at all. I'm all for playing around just only when it's safe. I've backed down and let dicks run in front of me thinking then won once we come up near traffic or if the conditions are to bad to continue.

G6's actually aren't 4400. They're around 3500 I think empty.
                    Also Cobalt SS/SC's are fast snot balls. Not as fast as the SS/TC but they have potential. My buddy's was dead even with the GTO. He was only making close to 280+whp though reliably, where GTO made 386whp. They weight a lot lighter only like 3200-3300 vs GTO's 3700lb, plus smaller gas tank and my buddy was a lot lighter than me. I might run close with him with the G8 GT even though its a little more weight than the GTO (4,000lb) and slightly less power just due to the fact it's a auto and has a TCM tune.. (ECM to but TCM quick shifts do it).
                    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                    2005 CGM GTO.
                    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

weird, i wonder why my door jam sticker says 4400 lbs on it. makes me wonder how that is gauged. maybe full capacity then?
                      2008 G6 GXP 3.6L Coupe - Street Edition - Black

Mods: All the usual suspects

Progression Thread

Comment

weird, i wonder why my door jam sticker says 4400 lbs on it. makes me wonder how that is gauged. maybe full capacity then?
                        does it say GVRW next to it?

Comment

theres no way that the curb weight...im going with cmessicks comment. my 07 gtp weighs 3400 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
                            does it say GVRW next to it?
                            What he said. GVRW is the maximum weight, IE full tank of gas and fully loaded with passengers and cago.
                            Curb weight is empty with a full tank usually i think.

Bunch of guys have tested G8's on truck scales, 4000flat for non sunroofers with 1/4 tank. Not exactly sure with the g6 but 3400-3500 area. GTO's are 3700.
                            2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                            Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                            Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                            2005 CGM GTO.
                            386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                            2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMan View Post
                              What he said. GVRW is the maximum weight, IE full tank of gas and fully loaded with passengers and cago.
                              Curb weight is empty with a full tank usually i think.

Bunch of guys have tested G8's on truck scales, 4000flat for non sunroofers with 1/4 tank. Not exactly sure with the g6 but 3400-3500 area. GTO's are 3700.
                              That's a good question. I have several set of scales around here that we use for harvest. the next time they are open i'll see if i can set up a time to get my 6 weighted. I figure that since its a fully loaded GXP we might be able to use it as a high end weight for the G6 Sedans.
                              Why is Divorce so expensive? Because the Hitman won't take Plastic.

Eycman's G6 Progression

Comment

Working...
                              X