Lower Springs Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Springs Q

Yesterday I had my Eibach pro springs installed.

Q1. When we took the old strut and spring out the top plate(cant remember what its called) had a loose stud, the mech tried welding it back but the heat cracked the plate. Its being held in place by 2 of the studs. How soon should i get this replaced. Mech says its fine just don't go Dukes of Hazzard with it jumping it.

Q2. My friend advised me if I weighed down the truck with sand bags or bricks the springs will set lower and stay there once weight is removed in a month. Anyone know if this is true?

Hello everyone! This is my first post.
    05 G6 V6 Trim
    Mods:
    K&N Intake
    Magnaflow custom exhaust
    Eibach Pro Springs
    Angel Eye Head lights
    Plastidipped Upper Grills
    Plastidipped Outside edge Front logo
    Upcoming Mods:
    Wheels....decision pending
    sigpic

Re: Lower Springs Q

Q1. I would get this replaced ASAP! Suspension is something you wouldnt want to go driving around with broken. Especially something such as a top hat bolt missing.

Q2. The springs will eventually set themselves. You dont need sandbags for that. When you install them, that will pretty much be the ride height... you wont notice the 1mm difference that they MIGHT change.

Welcome! And go ahead an introduce yourself in the new member intros!
    sigpic

Mods: eBay Intake (is actually pretty good), Canuck Motorsports springs, BMD Endlinks, Debadged, HIDs (8000k Lows, 3000k fogs), Dome/Map/License LEDs, Painted Upper grills, Black Arrow Overlays, Racingline STB
    Future Mods: Exhaust, MMI, WAMS tune.
    Stylez G6 Progression

Comment

Re: Lower Springs Q

Thanks
      05 G6 V6 Trim
      Mods:
      K&N Intake
      Magnaflow custom exhaust
      Eibach Pro Springs
      Angel Eye Head lights
      Plastidipped Upper Grills